Trump's dumb vocabulary gets even dumber when juxtaposed with Biden

And in the Second Amendment, it was supposed to be the the right to keep bare arms.

2 Likes

It really puts those right-wing idiots blathering about how Biden’s the senile one in context. Projection, 100% of the time.

It also shows that they haven’t actually tried to watch any of Trump’s “speeches” or his debates in the whole, just the carefully cropped and edited “high points” repeated ad nauseam on Fox News etc. Because anyone who has done that, knows that the Former Guy is an inarticulate, rambling idiot.

15 Likes

you mean some are just realizing that trump is a fucking idiot?

you know capitalism is fucked up when such a fucking idiot can land in such lofty places.

8 Likes

Problem is, that’s what many of his fans love about TFG. I mean, lots of politicians dumb down their speech a bit, but TFG doesn’t have to. That’s his pinnacle.
It’s something that isn’t edited out like when he did The Apprentice.

7 Likes

I wish more people realized this. For every occasional 5 second “zinger” he throws that right wing media can latch on to there’s literally 1-2 other hours of inarticulate incoherent rambling nonsense. And it’s the exact same stuff every single time. You can see how bored out of their minds the crowd is at these things.

It’s amazing anybody even shows up to his cross burnings.

13 Likes

Spoken like a proofreader. That really stuck out to me as well. The writers didn’t have to resort to Fowler’s elegant variation: it would have been easy to rewrite that line.

Biden comes across as competent, which, after the last president, is a massive relief. At least you’re not wincing and gawping every time he opens his mouth.

9 Likes

Oh, they’ll support him anyway… besides, how would anyone know the difference?
Since Pence has torpedoed any hopes of a reprise as running mate, let’s see who You Know Who chooses for Veep. Doubtless, it will be some toady, but rest assured, they will be the stuff of nightmares & someone his worshipers will get behind.
Empty G, anyone? How about Bobo?

5 Likes

Ladies and Gentlemen. I give you… the 45th President of the United States of America.

4 Likes

A man of words to be sure, and it is heartening to know that the Trump Library is beginning to be assembled … by the January 6th Committee.

4 Likes

Donald-Trump-funny-gif-image

8 Likes
5 Likes

Unfortunately, Trump’s support doesn’t depend on his actions. His followers are hooked now, and have already ignored more of his obvious flaws than we can count, so why would (more) obvious dementia hurt him? At this point the actual man is redundant, they’d worship a cardboard standee of him. They need the actual Trump about as much as Scientologists need a living, breathing L. Ron Hubbard.

9 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised. My own statement is based on the fact that, when asked, he said his favourite book is All Quiet on the Western Front. That’s a standard middle school text, including at a military academy.

Since con artists like to base the answers to such questions in a modicum of truth I can see him digging up the last book he ever read, decades later, as his “favourite”. I’d assume after that he just bullied and grifted and bought his way through school.

But yes, the scumbag might not have read even that and just remembered the title from middle school. It’s also obvious that he’s effectively illiterate now. However you look at it, it’s embarrassing that someone like that could occupy the Oval Office.

6 Likes

I’d be happy if he just dropped dead. My only regret will be that he did not do so in jail.

9 Likes

I’ve read that Trump is very particular about making his bed himself. That would be the one thing that he absolutely had to learn to do himself at boarding school. He probably bribed other boys to do it for him, but eventually he would have been caught out. One day a teacher inspecting the dorm would pick him for a spot check, pull the sheets off his bed and tell him to make it up again, and if he couldn’t do it there would be nowhere to hide.

5 Likes

I think the incoherence is a feature for his supporters - they can project whatever they want onto the word salad and pick and choose snippets to trumpet.

10 Likes

This video doesn’t just demonstrate Trump’s small vocabulary and inarticulateness, but also how much more he sounds like an ordinary person talking about something he has no particular expertise in. A lot of people would watch this and think Trump sounds fun and Biden sounds like a boring know-it-all. Add to that the fact that he appeals to their worst mean middle school impulses and he’s a shoe-in. To fight this kind of pandering, it’s useful to actually try to get out of my own head and see the appeal of it.

4 Likes

It’s like the old story, The Prince and the Porpoise and the Paper:

4 Likes

Most successful politicians have a studied vagueness that allows people to project their own beliefs on to them. Trump is so incoherent and rambling that people can project their own beliefs on him.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been waiting a long time for an ad that just shows old Trump vs. new Trump, without needing anyone else to compare to.

4 Likes