Trump's Khan flub proves he's not a smart terrible person. He's a dumb terrible person

What is FB BB like?

Somehow I bet worse, which is weird because generally you aren’t anonymous on FB…

4 Likes

There’s that story of how every year Forbes magazine would print its list of the wealthiest people, and Trump would call them personally to complain about how they weren’t placing him high enough on the list-- what other millionaire/billionaire calls a magazine to complain because “they don’t think he’s rich enough”?

The irony here is he has already devalued himself in the eyes of the public; by craving attention on such a huge scale he has exposed all the skeletons in his closet and revealed how insensitive and morally corrupt he is. A few years ago most Americans probably had no strong opinion about Donald Trump, now at least half see him as a complete asshole.

Would being President satisfy such an ego? And how would he cope with his approval rating hitting rock bottom, like if the economy tanks or if he has to deal with some tense diplomatic/military impasse? (shudders) It’s not something I really want to think about.

2 Likes

I’ve heard too many self-identified Democrats / Progressives / Bernie-supporters who have said they’ll vote for Trump as a message or warning, or just “to let the whole corrupt system burn to the ground”.

So, that’s a possibility, too.

Perhaps they could move the vote to Thanksgiving so jokes could be made about turkeys and voting.

1 Like

Nope.

“Trump attended Fordham University in the Bronx for two years. He entered the Wharton School of Finance and Commerce at the University of Pennsylvania, as Wharton then offered one of the few real estate studies departments in U.S. academia. While there, he worked at the family’s company, Elizabeth Trump & Son, named for his paternal grandmother. Trump graduated from Wharton in 1968 with a bachelor’s degree in economics.”

“Prior to graduating from college, Trump began his real estate career at his father’s company”

6 Likes

I have a hunch he doesn’t want the job (there is already evidence that points to that) and he’s deliberately throwing the match. There are just too many massive blunders and at a time when he’s not particularly desperate as far as polling is concerned. If he loses on his own terms and doing it his own way, then he can say “they couldn’t handle me!” or “the system is rigged against people like me”.

2 Likes

Just as a matter of principle, attacking a Gold Star Family automatically makes you a flaming asshole. Be it Trump or Westboro Baptist Church.
https://www.army.mil/goldstar/

Just to show how inflexible I am on this subject, the family could all be cannibalistic degenerates living in the backwoods, preying upon tourists and I would still have the same opinion.

7 Likes

Pretty much every Trump supporter -

4 Likes

The “Kill all the humans” robot from Diesel Sweeties seems to be there as well. (Behind Hitler, holding up Trump placard.)

12 Likes

He did it today.

11 Likes

Still a matter up to debate, of course. He wasn’t one by the time he took office, at least.

1 Like

Yes, that’s just my opinion of him. But smart or stupid, I don’t think there’s much debate that his VP was smarter, more cunning and more ruthless. Whether W truly was stupid or not, he did a wonderful job providing a smiling front for pure evil.

3 Likes

Like how he threw the Republican nomination by calling McCain a loser for being a POW. Except he is now the nominee. What looks like a disqualifying event to you looks like bravery to his followers.

7 Likes

Have you seen The Producers?

5 Likes

I’m not sure we can discount the early stages of senile dementia, either.

2 Likes

Even if he memorized the Constitution stem to stern, it wouldn’t matter. His base doesn’t care. They all could have read it (and maybe even a lot of them did at one point). It only matters what they want it to say.

I’m not really willing to spend my internet time today looking it up but I’ve done a lot of interviewing and I sincerely doubt he could get past me or my boss in an interview. We’ve hired a con artist once but The Donald’s not that good even if you totally erase all his fame and fuckups.

I can be a little cynical ( :laughing: ) … I think he went into the race thinking there’s no way he’d get the nomination. And started to get hopeful once his opponents started dropping out. I think he’s committed now. He just knows now’s not the time to bail on a winning strategy.

R. Stevens might be willing to draw (pixel?) your idea. :laughing: I haven’t requested anything from him before but he’s pretty nice and he loves Joe Biden (or did the last time I checked).

2 Likes

There are rumors that he might refuse to debate Clinton. I wonder if his team has begun to insist that everything be scripted and filtered through them. That’s what I would do in their position.

1 Like

In this case, dumb is a feature, not a bug!

2 Likes

Yes! Just today is said he fears the election is rigged. He’s already planting that seed so the excuse can sound credible. He’s planning on losing.

3 Likes

Are the teabaggers going to change the name “Tea Party” to “T Party” in honor of their Chosen One?

1 Like