Trump's Khan flub proves he's not a smart terrible person. He's a dumb terrible person

That’s not the evidence: this is (amongst other clues):

5 Likes

Hillary Clinton is a perfect foil for Trump: a smart terrible person.

So, that’s like what, 10, 15 people you’ve personally heard vs. several million of his supporters? I’ve heard few decide to support trump, and more thinking about writing in Sanders or voting for Stein.

3 Likes

You’re just giving him way too much credit. I don’t think he’s that self-aware.

2 Likes

Really? Because I’m a Bernie supporter who lives in a blue state and I’m voting for Clinton because my biggest concern is SCOTUS. I think there’s several others like me who frequent BBS and are doing the same, while there are others who will be voting Stein or writing in someone else.

8 Likes

That’s not throwing the election, that’s the exact opposite. That’s being so sure you are going to win that you are planning how to run the nation after the victory.

1 Like

Watching a story about Trump on the news the other day, I was reminded of the W. C. Fields quote: “If you can’t dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.”

It’s the best description of Trump I can think of.

(Edited to fix spelling. Yay phone keyboard.)

11 Likes

Did anyone else initially read this as “buzzsaw of orange?”

November 9, 2016

John McCain: His campaign was lousy and long. He did everything wrong. Where did he go right?

Mitt Romney (reading newspaper): Christmas has come early to Washington this year, and guess who they’ve stuffed in our stocking: Donald Trump

JM: He was so crass and so crude, even Reagan would have booed. Where did he go right?

MR (reading newspaper): Last night, a star was born in the Republican party, Mister Donald “Short-fingered Vulgarian” J. Trump. We predict his name will soon be up on the side of the White House — if they can find enough gold.

JM & MR: We searched the country on and off
For someone we could scoff
We had Fox debates and town halls by the score
He had hair that’s made of plastic,
Incoherence that was drastic
If anyone talked sense, he’s incensed and out the door!

JM: They shouted “USA” for his big-ego display. Where did he go right?

MR: With every word he would say, he blew more support away. Where did he go right?

JM: A man so easy to despise

MR: Now he’s won the ultimate prize!

MR & JM: Oh where, oh where, tell us where did he go right?

JM: It was clear that he had to lose

MR & JM: A man less stable than Tom Cruise!

MR: It’s the end of our careers

JM: He’ll run again in four more years

MR & JM: Tell us where did he go right?

7 Likes

People think anonymity is what controls the quality (or lack thereof) of discussion. The reality is that guidelines, investment in the forum, and community create quality discussion. Just like real life. Anonymity is actually a net positive in world where people like to make news stories about and doxx Facebook posters.

4 Likes

Wow, way to put me in my place. It’s not like I know every single Democrat in the country who’s claimed they’ll be voting for Trump, and therefore there’s only 10 or 15 in the whole country. I live in a small city (pop ~30K). One angry, disillusioned person deciding to go all nihilist is an anomaly. When you start hearing it many times, from people who don’t know each other, in a small area, then yeah, that’s becomes worrying.

1 Like

I wasn’t “putting you in your place” so chill out. I was countering your argument.

My point was that as a single human being, you can only meet and hear so many people in a short amount of time. That’s true of all of us. I’d also say that the media has a tendency to focus on the squeaky wheel, which may not in fact be the majority of Sanders supporters.

6 Likes

I got told a story about W by a Republican operative. He said he was very smart, and very ruthless. Apparently his first attempt to stand for office in Texas he lost, cos his opponent cast him as an ivy league, godless member of the elite. After losing that race he is meant to have sworn he would never be out “christianed” or out “folksied” again.

2 Likes

Can’t he just be so terrible that he transcends intelligence, but in a downward way?

4 Likes

Then he sold himself to the devil for such an immersive role.

That, or alcoholism, because I’ve known some lifelong drunks with the same mannerisms.

I don’t agree. I think he’s actually a dumb person who kept doing terrible things because people told him to. He’s the sort of guy who, if he born in a different social class, would be entrapped by the FBI into a terror plot, or would have become a really kind humanitarian depending on who he happened to grow up around.

He moved from one failed pursuit to the next his whole life, always being given another chance because of his background. After his last dismal career as President of the US he finally found the thing he wants to do in life: paint pictures of dogs.

4 Likes

I think people are confusing his father for himself. His father was a smart intelligence agent but portrayed as effete and upperclass (covered well in Boogie Man, the Lee Atwater doc), his son was a fratjock from the start.

The nice things persons have said about W come off as more damning with faint praise.

1 Like

According to an “unnamed source” Trump is interested in nuclear bombs and seems to be baffled by the fact that they are not used.

4 Likes

Oh for the love of…

For the sake of the world, I’m hoping a) that source is wrong and b) the only way Trump gets in the White House is on a tour.

12 Likes

By October, this will have escalated to headgun.

6 Likes

headnuke

8 Likes