Trump's plans to golf in Turnberry during Biden swear-in get scotched by First Minister

Order the plane back out of pettiness? No.

Order the plane back so it can be prepared to take President Biden to visit some military hospital (to thank the first responders at that hotel) shortly after the inauguration? Why not?

18 Likes

Ah right. I guess I should say it’s apparently not the plane usually used as Air Force One, and the plane wasn’t so identified - they just said that a particular official plane would be landing (occupant unknown, but presumed to be the president).

5 Likes

His MAGA followers will then start toasting him as “the President over the water”. Preferably in bleach.

edit: oops, meant to reply to @shwonline. Sorry.

8 Likes

In that case: "The Scots will continue to refer to him by the same honorific as when he was President, which usually would make him happy, but that honorific is ‘shitgibbon’.”

6 Likes

42 Likes

Once Trump is no longer President, the US Air Force can order the plane back to base.

7 Likes

As we put it four years ago:

18 Likes

You’d be right, we do not. [edit] Dammit, ninja’ ed

11 Likes

I assume they have a spare “Air Force One” in case something happens to the normal one?

1 Like

It is my fondest wish that Scotland refusing him entry, or quarantining him if he somehow arrives, is only the first of a myriad of daily humiliations and insults awaiting Individual One after January 20th.

10 Likes

Obligatory Sam Bee and Amy Hoggart:

Not work safe - but swearing is so much better with a Scottish accent.

21 Likes

Is there any likelihood of there being a shortage of Scots willing to push a stick up Trump’s nose? (In the interests of public health naturally).

6 Likes

My first thoughts are:

• Flight to a “reasonable” location that’s also not the US.
  • Bonus, he golfs so much, it seems completely expected.
  • There’s a full service large airport there.
  • In a movie, this is where the mobster going on the run switches to a different plane and takes off with a fuzzy flight plan for a destination unknown.

If this was a movie, that’s the straight forward plot to disappear into hiding. The more complex plot makes the trip out of Scotland to a slightly more shady country and a second plane switch, then on to the final hiding country.

He lacks the ability to hide and this isn’t a movie though.

7 Likes

Air Force One is just a call sign (or other designating term). When the president is on the plane it is Air Force One. When the person is no longer president, it gets a new call sign.

3 Likes

I thought it was the callsign for Harrison Ford’s plane when he’s playing the president, specifically.

giphy

8 Likes

This is really going to mess-up his Aeroflot connection for EDI::SV0
Have to rebook through MIA

oops: didn’t actually mean that as a specific reply. Also, by the time I typed it we had multiple similar thoughts, so yeah, he’s on the lamb.

4 Likes

Where is Assange these days? Maybe he and Trump can hole-up together to create a reality based Odd Couple show about two creepy dudes running from the law and reality.

14 Likes

“We’ll keep a welcome on the hillside.”

9 Likes

The plane can be renamed “Air Force Poo”.

6 Likes

Well, I suppose Assange will have to do now that Epstein is conveniently dead. But I’d rather Trump take the entire posse of Trumps with him. We get to keep Mary Trump, but Trump gets his sister, plus his daughterwife, the Jr. Trump boys, plagerwife and Rudi.

7 Likes