Trump's plans to golf in Turnberry during Biden swear-in get scotched by First Minister

Maybe his post-presidency secret service code name can be “Mint Jelly.”

15 Likes

B747s are worth nothing now.

6 Likes

Somehow “Guantanamo” meets that definition nicely.

4 Likes

So rather than the Odd Couple this would be like a trashier version of the Kardashian show crossed with Arrested development. If they mixed in 24 hour web cams this hot mess could really move the clicks.

As /S as I am, I suspect more than one reality producer is angling for something like this.

6 Likes

Naw, that’s no fair. I would flee the reality that is England and be Scottish in a heartbeat, were it not so dreich and snell.

1 Like

So if Trump does take his plane and flee the country under “but I’m the president!” authority, can Scotland’s airport come up with procedural/quarantine reasons to keep the plane in limbo and prevent anyone disembarking until after Biden’s been sworn in? Then they could just say: “Oh, you’re not the president of the US, and there’s no valid reason for us to allow you in to our country. Go home.”

4 Likes

It’s a great way to get rid of the Donnie problem. Get him prosecuted in a foreign country and not have to deal with any political fallout. Shucks what can we do - it’s not like we can invade.

2 Likes

Don’t tempt fate. Scotland is a small, oil-producing country, with a sizeable population who want to break away from the British Empire. We’re quietly surprised that the USA hasn’t freedomed the shit out of us already.

17 Likes

That took a sec. :rofl: :joy:

4 Likes

There are two VC-25A’s (modified B747-200’s) that are usually used as Air Force One.

The Air Force also has four (I think?) C-32s (modified B757-200s), which is the kind of plane that’s expected at Prestwick on January 19. The C-32 is usually used by the VP as Air Force Two or by the First Lady or sometimes Secretary of State for official travel, but it’s also used as “Air Force One” when the president goes to an airport that can’t handle the 747 (or where the 747 is otherwise inappropriate. For the last couple years C-32s have often appeared prominently at Trump campaign rallies because he likes to use “Air Force One” as a prop, and often does rallies at smaller airports that can’t land a 747.

9 Likes

Sounds like he is low-key trying to get a free lift to escape the country… he knows his ass is going to end up in the slammer.

2 Likes

At our expense.

If you really want to get pedantic, any plane the president is on is Air Force One. It doesn’t need to be the VC-25 we generally associate with the moniker.

(ETA: Looks like others addressed this point.)

3 Likes

As a proud Scottish Scotsman, I am sure we’ll find it in our stony, cold black be-sporraned hearts to find a welcome in our wee bit hill and glen for this putrid excrescence.

After all, we did it before.

12 Likes

I live well south of the border now, but I could still give him a mid 90’s Rezerection welcome.

6 Likes

The best Sturgeon quote from the article:

“A plain-spoken politician, Ms. Sturgeon said she did not know what Mr. Trump’s travel plans were, but that she hoped his immediate plan was to exit the White House.”

17 Likes

If he’s in the air on the 20th at noon, make it a half-way ticket to Scotland.

10 Likes

Are we making sure that he doesn’t take a detour to Wales?

3 Likes

6 Likes

"Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen and soon-to-be-ex-President Trump. Welcome to Glasgow. Unfortunately we have been informed that all suitable quarantine venues are full, so passengers will have to quarantine on board for the next fourteen days or until the extradition papers have been finalized.

“I regret to inform you that we do not have enough fuel to return to the United States, but I have instructed the ground crew to find the 11,780 gallons we require.”

24 Likes

If want a 72 hour quarantine and a deep clean.

1 Like