Trump's presidential audience stuffed with actors

[Read the post]

1 Like

If, by some kind of horrific miracle, The Donald were to win the election, would these actors be retroactively classified as state actors?

3 Likes

I thought actors generally leaned Democrat.

2 Likes

All circus, no bread.

Though you have to respect someone who can outcrazy Ted Cruz!

4 Likes

What would have been an excellent troll is if Trump had commissioned an announcement speech that made him look “in character, but surprisingly reasonable”.

4 Likes

Everyone’s got to pay the rent. And there’s no harm in taking The Donald’s money if he’s tossing it out, he’s not a real threat.

2 Likes

Not just Trump, by the way:
http://www.libertychat.com/2015/06/rent-a-crowd-company-admits-politicians-are-using-their-service/

2 Likes

Yeah, was a rubbish attempt at a joke. I was trying to suggest that his audience was stuffed with actors because he was unusually popular with them, not because he was paying them.

3 Likes

Trump, bad paint job & nothing under the hood.

2 Likes

Except for most actors who enter politics. Ronald Reagan, Arnold Schwartzenegger, Jesse Ventura, Clint Eastwood, Sonny Bono, and a seemingly unending list of closeted gays just to name a few.

2 Likes

Isn’t Trump secretly Liberal and putting on an elaborate ruse to create a real life mockumentary of the republican primary? If not, he really should be, because he is hilarious.

4 Likes

I wonder how upset Trump is that even Alan Sugar has been more successful in politics than him.

(Aside - how will the UK Apprentice work next year with two peers of the realm presenting?)

1 Like

I’m friends with lots of movement conservatives and big name Republicans, many of whom you all know by name (and likewise don’t care for), but among them I can name several people who are – for this reason or that – sincere supporters of almost any candidate in the race, from Ted Cruz and Rick Santorum to Jeb and Fiorina. I don’t know any one of them who either supports – or can make an argument in support of – a Trump candidacy.

1 Like

Here’s the dream team–> http://i.imgur.com/CD9Bdd9.jpg

1 Like

Meanwhile, at the other end of the scale - you know, the end @Cowicide has been talking about - there is some genuine contrast.

8 Likes

Blue-Collar Man: Excuse me. I don’t mean to interrupt, but what were you talking about?
Randal: Trump’s presidential announcement.
Dante: My friend is trying to convince me that any actors working on Trump’s campaign are innocent people just looking to pay rent.
Blue-Collar Man: Well, I’m an actor myself. It’s a hobby… (digs into pocket and produces business card) Jersey City Players. And speaking as an actor, I can say that a an actor’s personal politics come heavily into play when choosing gigs.
Randal: Like when?
Blue-Collar Man: Three months ago I was offered a job up in the hills. It was a simple job as an audience extra, but I was told that if I kept quiet about it, my price would be doubled. Then I realized who was speaking.
Dante: Whose press announcement was it?
Blue-Collar Man: Dennis Hastert.
Randal: “Denny” Hastert? Former speaker of the house??
Blue-Collar Man: The same. The money was right, but the risk was too big. I knew who he was, and based on that, I passed the job on to a friend of mine.
Dante: Based on personal politics.
Blue-Collar Man: (paying for coffee) I knew there were risks involved taking on that particular client. My friends who took the Trump job aren’t so lucky. (pauses to reflect) You know, any actor willing to work for Trump knows the risks. An actor listens to this… (taps his heart) not their wallet.

8 Likes

Just a noisy little four-banger.

Or is he on his fifth wife now?

2 Likes

Meanwhile, for real people…

9 Likes

So basically, our coverage of Trump is a meta-indictment of our coverage of Trump. As Neo would say, “Whoa.”

There’s a doctoral thesis in media studies in there somewhere. And I know just the barista to write it…

1 Like

Strangely appropriate that the T is blocked on both shirts.

11 Likes