Trump's Russia inquiry lawyer quits

Agreed. Thus, the increase in popcorn stock.

2 Likes

Capture2

2 Likes

Even Saul wouldn’t take 45 as a client at this point; too much sense of self preservation.

12 Likes

Trump’s affinity for TV characters actually makes it plausible that he would reach out to a make believe lawyer before too long.

Wonder if he knows Matlock ended in back in '95?

download%20(30)

11 Likes

So basically just do what Nixon did in the same situation.

5 Likes

Too recent; he’d probably try to hire Perry Mason.

9 Likes

That and the dude NEEDS to get paid.

9 Likes

*lolz

Fair point; Goodman would probably never take 45 on as a client in the first place, given the guy’s history of not paying his employees and contractors.

But by the time BrBa started, Saul wasn’t in nearly such dire straits; he’d saved up a sizeable nest egg by that point.

7 Likes

I expect that firing Mueller would be Trump’s end, and I want that to be true.

But given how far the GOP have enabled Trump already, and done nothing more than wring their hands, I do wonder if he will actually leave office before his 4 years are up.

Thankfully it does seem unlikely that he would be reelected. Not that we should be at all complacent on that front either.

5 Likes

He certainly wouldn’t stand a chance of being re-elected in a free and fair election. That said, I haven’t seen one of those in awhile.

6 Likes

Not the first trick from Nixon’s playbook he’d have used.

2 Likes

How did it come to this? Eighty-million non-voters in our last election very clearly caused this debacle, and the result very clearly is on every f*cking one of them!

4 Likes

Trump don’t care, Pence will pardon him anyways.

2 Likes

Think so?

For a guy who “don’t care,” Trump certainly seems to be terrified of this investigation.

5 Likes

Trump loves animosity (obviously) and acts with impunity. Like Ford, whom pardoned Nixon, Trump knows he will never have to answer for his actions as Pence will pardon him if needed.

2 Likes

In this case I imagine Ol’ Scratch brings it back for a refund, or possibly even pays 45 to take it back.

2 Likes

Rage quit?

22 Likes

I predicted shortly after his election that he would not be defeated in an election, but would die in office. The guy doesn’t exercise, eats poorly, barely sleeps, and is in a constant state of anxiety and anger. Great recipe for a heart attack.

That remains my prediction. Might be after 2020, might be after 2024 - but he will die in office.

2 Likes

Dowd assessed whether staying was better than leaving. Stay for the money and possibly face personal and financial ruin, or leave, find another way to make money, and preserve what reputation remains.

I’m talking reputation in the larger sense, not the familiar sense of anyone who works for Trump is an asshole. I’m sure some Republican out there would hire Dowd in the future. But if his rep is totally destroyed, he would become too toxic to hire.

So, I think he’s leaving while the leaving is good because he sees the writing on the wall.

4 Likes