Trump's Russia inquiry lawyer quits

And here I thought the really weird stuff happened once they turned on the Large Hardon Collider.

7 Likes

I’m not going to look it up while at work, but I’ll bet that’s a movie, isn’t it? The characters are brainiacs wearing lab coat and spectacles, they get caught up in the excitement of an important discovery, look at each other longingly, tug furiously at lab coats and spectacles, and then…

2 Likes

I’m kinda waiting for the tweet in which Trump claims that Dowd didn’t quit but that Trump fired him, because [insert silly, made-up “reason”].
And that he already has America’s top ten lawyers fighting over who gets to replace Dowd.

2 Likes

I’d argue otherwise. Trump seems to love animosity, because he’s the six-year-old who nobody likes. His whole life has been a desperate, vain quest for positive reinforcement, but like a six-year-old, when positive reinforcement doesn’t arrive, he’s happy to settle for any sort of attention at all.

He acts with impunity simply because he has no idea what he’s doing in that job, and playing up his childish “rule breaker” image is what his base of window lickers gets off on.

5 Likes

Remember, Pence can only pardon him for Federal crimes. If he is convicted of State crimes in NY, he’s screwed.

10 Likes

And now McMaster is out. More rats.

2 Likes

And replaced by Bolton? fuck…

4 Likes

Fuck indeed. Fucked in every imaginable way.

3 Likes

10 Likes

I would guess it was bringing on the conspiracy theorist.

1 Like

My, you are a cheery one, aren’t you?

4 Likes

Nothing about any of this gives me a hadron

3 Likes

I’ve also been predicting his death during his time in office ever since he took it… trying to will it into existence, even… but I’m a lot more optimistic about the potential time frame than you seem to be.

I have to be.

6 Likes

I’m terrified that no matter what happens we’re screwed.

5 Likes

via Imgflip Meme Generator

6 Likes

No, see, I’ve worked it out. It’s all my girlfriend’s doing, albeit inadvertently. For both Brexit and Trump’s election to the presidency, I slept in, and my girlfriend got up before me, thus observing the result first and collapsing the eigenstate into our current dark timeline. On noticing this, I ensured I woke up before her for Theresa May’s snap election, and the Tories majority was squandered. This explanation makes as much sense as any other, so I’m sticking with it.

6 Likes

Judging by his foreign policy moves, it actually seems like he stopped learning anything new in the late 70s-early80s. so Perry Mason may be a little old. What lawyer shows were popular in that time period?

5 Likes

Please mark your calendar for the first Wednesday in November. It is imperative that you wake before your girlfriend to observe the US election results.

Help us, GilbertWham, you’re our only hope!

[edt] @simonize: He seems to recall an awful lot from the late 80’s/early 90’s, too, so let’s go with LA Law. Maybe Benny would take the job.

9 Likes

I doubt that Trump has ever actually delighted someone who hasn’t regretted it bitterly in the end.

1 Like

The image posted (is there a name for that? mouths over eyes?) struck me as perhaps its the first I’ve seen with a mustachioed man. It works oddly well with the nose shadow adding eyebrows, too.

3 Likes