Trump's son Don Jr. promotes false smear linking Jamal Khashoggi to Osama bin Laden and terrorism

Gosh, if Khashoggi is a terrorist pal for holding that rocket launcher, how much of a terrorist pal was the guy who bought it for Osama?

13 Likes

Was gonna say.

And we all loved celebrating that state of affairs as we indulged in Rambo III.

This regime has clearly taken its playbook from Robert Mugabe.

3 Likes

the Saudis have paid millions for huge blocks of Trump apartments and hotel suites over the years and Trump Inc. knows they will continue to do so so they are trying to poison the public against breaking relationships with the Saudis

to be fair, every administration has been disgustingly “in bed” with the Saudis but of course with Trump it is for very personal selfish reasons as with everything he has ever done in his life

if we somehow survive this presidency (and please please please not another 4 years, we just cannot stand that kind of damage) I hope I live long enough to see the various state governments sue the trump family into poverty - if we can’t get poverty, maybe just millionaires but make their name toxic the world over

press hasn’t really covered this too much but I am looking at the Georgia governer’s race as an indicator to how 2020 will go - if the dems win over Georgia, 2020 is hopeful, if the corruption in that state gets cemented, it’s a sign the country is doomed (Russians hacked their election system and legislature covered it up by wiping their systems, then continued to work hard to deny voting rights with little legislative tricks)

5 Likes

Surely the vacuous blonde grifter (and daddy’s very special girl Ivanka) is the anointed one?

Equally applicable to the Sauds, or really any other clan of right-wing knuckleheads who found themselves in power. Every country seems to be cursed by one of these.

1 Like

He’s probably young enough to be saved from his family’s actions. Someone try giving him a book about his great-uncle, who actually did some good in the world.

James Melcher, Trump’s lab director, is quoted as saying: “John, over a period of three decades, would be approached by people of all sorts because he could make megavolt beams of ions and electrons – death rays. … What did he do with it? Cancer research, sterilizing sludge out in Deer Island [a waste disposal facility], all sorts of wondrous things. He didn’t touch the weapons stuff.”

12 Likes

snl-eric-trump-fidget-spinner

6 Likes

Trump will seize on this as a reason not to do anything about Khashoggi’s disappearance.

2 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Osama was from Saudi Arabia, wasn’t he? Almost all the 9/11 attackers were Saudi too? And the original radical Islamist/wahhabist movement came from Saudi Arabia, yes? It’s almost like we shouldn’t be selling those guys weapons.

3 Likes

But… but… IRAN! /s

Indeed we should not sell them arms, but we’ve decided that the Iranians are worse, so arms we will sell them.

5 Likes

My thoughts - not exactly, that would be a lie, but quite close.

When did Mr. Donotspeakhisnameoryoullenduponanoflylist stop being a freedom fighter against the Soviet colonialist opression and became a terrorist?

August 1988? January 1991?

Coming back to the current situation: Turkey seems to be the key at the moment. Which is really, really unsettling.

If they got proof that Kashoggi was killed by Saudis, on behalf of the gouvernment, and share this publicly, the US will be in a pickle.

Russia and Iran will jump on this. I’m not at all sure if US domestic politics will, i.e. if anyone will even notice. But this is rather a special clusterfuck on an international level.

1 Like

Smart or not, Uday and Qusay are still both horrid excuses for human beings and I will love to see them go gown with their father.

Can you imagine…the Trumps do go to prison but they are allowed internet and keep posting idiotic things on Twitter. A new fresh hell.

1 Like

Hahaha … Let’s have a long hard look at one of the last war criminals you guys elected (and then re-elected!). After starting a war based on lies and killing hundred thousands and instituting torture camps he is now seen as quirky lovable uncle by the public*. Same will happen with Trump. The US publics attention span is measured in days or weeks, not month and years.

3 Likes

Are you kidding? You could make that a premium cable channel reality show and people would pay $$$ to watch it.

I think her “bearding” for Roy Cohn and question to Katherine Hepburn about “what kind of tree she would be” would be enough for such treatment. It is long overdue

2 Likes

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-saudi-politics-dissident-trump/trump-says-u-s-would-be-punishing-itself-if-it-halts-saudi-arms-sales-idUSKCN1MN0HJ

“There are other things we can do that are very, very powerful, very strong and we’ll do them,” he added, without saying what those measures might be.

DonCiv

5 Likes

+1,000,000 for the Civilization reference!

The responses for the Saudi player:

• Laugh.
  • Laugh.
  • Offer bribe Continue bribing.
  • Laugh harder.
3 Likes

Plus the utterly disgraceful Monica Lewinsky interview.

1 Like