Trump's travel and security estimated to cost half a billion dollars for 1 term

It lacks the usual hypocritical touch though … Freedom Force is probably the correct american term.

4 Likes

I dunno - I think this administration is happy to just translate from the German. So “Protection Squadron” it may be.

3 Likes

But they make it hard to stay secret. You need to blend in.

3 Likes

Nah, just take it, by eminent domain.

7 Likes

An acquaintance installed a “Nine Hole Rustic Golf course” at his cabin. There were only 5 holes, but you teed off from one side going out and the other side coming back in.

4 Likes

If it fits his desired image and makes it impossible to meet the minimum standards of required competency, that’s pretty much a guarantee that Trump will do it.

2 Likes

25 Likes

Just based on his style of interior decor, I’d go with the Roman corpore custodes, and even they recruited Germans!

1 Like

Thanks, explaining a joke always improves it.

1 Like

You need to get it on VR golf! Golf Mars, different gravities! Well, maybe not Venus. That would be a very bad simulation.

4 Likes

It never hurts to bring a fresh pair of eyes to any subject. :wink:

3 Likes

Well, I’ve watched it on TV. There is a tee, a hole, and various terrain obstacles between the two. What am I missing?

4 Likes

The “various terrain obstacles” between the two can’t simply be elided away.

A par five hole is huge–618 yards for this hole at St Andrews. It’s three dimensional, too, with bunkers, and hills and whatnot

What you suggest–multiple approaches, single green-- doesn’t really solve the space problem, as the approaches to the green dwarf the green itself. And if multiple foursomes all want to play golf that day, there will be a lot of waiting around, as each player sinks his or her putt in turn. Moreover, since the object of the game is to play against a variety of obstacles, limiting the size of the course limits the strategy employed in the game.

Yes, Golf, as a sport wastes resources. But the development of courses that address this wastefulness needs to at least take into consideration the elements of the sport itself. Otherwise, it’s merely performance art.

6 Likes

Not my suggestion. I just enjoyed the irreverence.

1 Like

I liked the idea of your 4-holes-one-green idea but I think the problem with it is one of congestion. Gold takes long enough as it is with out that bottleneck. Edit: former shitty golfer now non-golfer

1 Like

You could probably save some money by buying every liberal in the USA a shovel. They’ll dig a hole so deep they could hand him over to Satan personally.

Thanks to Frankie Boyle for the original Maggie Thatcher joke

4 Likes

We should leave Melania and Baron out of this. It is totally legitimate for them to not want to move to Washington and be an unpaid professional hostess and photo prop, and I don’t think the cost of security should be a factor in that.

I don’t even think complaining about the cost of Trump’s trips is appropriate – but pointing out and criticizing the hypocracy of his complaints about Obama certainly is, and the clear conflict of interest of spending every weekend at a private club where people can pay trump enterprises to get access to the president trump is terrible. Complaining about the cost of travel just sounds like (and is) exactly what the republicans did for years to discredit obama.

I am also pretty sure that any numbers used in these types of stories by any side are completely made up, since the secret service does not disclose that information. Parts of it can become public, for instance when the secret service paid trump enterprises for use of trump’s airplane during the campaign, which was disclosed in his campaign finance filings, but not the overall costs.

2 Likes

If conservative budget hawks get to complain about their tax dollars supporting women and children who depend on basic social services then I see no reason why we shouldn’t be allowed to complain about supporting a family of billionaires who can’t bring themselves to downgrade their living situation to the freaking White House.

20 Likes

I don’t see why Secret Service protection shouldn’t be means-tested.

It disgusts me that we are gutting government programs to instead spend money on keeping a family of “billionaires” in multiple houses, to take frequent weekend vacations, and to accompany adult children on international business trips.

The GOP has abdicated any authority to complain about any government spending ever again.

17 Likes

And they call themselves “conservatives”.

5 Likes