Trump's White House schedule leak crisis has Donald extra edgy

" What these don’t show are the hundreds of calls and meetings @realDonaldTrump takes everyday."

This person DOES know that ordering takeout doesn’t really constitute doing the people’s business, right?

30 Likes

Holy moly! This finally explains the weird hair shapes he’s addicted to. [ed. add: and it seems I’m not the only one to notice this coiffure vortex phenomenon]

I’m going to assume Semiotix probably dropped his keys in there and leave it at that.

4 Likes

1lx13x

23 Likes

So good.

Even better is the response from the White House - e.g.:

Responding with something that’s so obviously impossible really doesn’t help sell the lie. Instead it indicates a certain panicked desperation to create a counter-narrative, but one that has absolutely nothing to do with reality and which was poorly thought through.

Yeah, if it were true (or possible) this just raises another issue. This is the problem with lying - the lie creates its own problems. Although it’s not a complete lie - we know he does have meetings and phone calls that aren’t getting logged. (On his unsecure private phone, asking his business “buddies” to weigh in on policy issues.)

I do wonder how many meetings Trump even has these days. Everyone must have a very firm grasp of how useless it is to try to educate, negotiate or reason with him, so no one really has any reason to interact with him. Even the staffers who previously might have been trying to use him to push their policy positions now know it’s only the last person to talk to him who sways him (and then not necessarily in predictable ways).

33 Likes

Out of curiosity, I looked this up from November 13:

and found this:

It starts at 45:35 and ends at 56:15 (to a mini-barrage of press q’s unrelated to the ceremony - “are you firing (DHS) Secretary Nielsen?” etc.). So, almost eleven minutes.

1 Like

What’s even worse is that over the years people who are close to Trump said he watches around an hour of celebrity ‘news’ programs (ie Entertainment Tonight, E News) each day. I think it was Newsmax founder Chris Ruddy stated that fact on CNN a few years ago.

13 Likes

… is how a particularly campy character might put it in a telenovela about drag queen pro wrestling

5 Likes

It’s egregious hyperbole for sure; but there’s no need to go insulting drag queens and pro wrestlers.

29 Likes

Huh. What I’m doing RIGHT NOW is “executive time.” I thought it was goldbricking.

5 Likes

46 Likes

Holy sh*tballs, is that actually his mother?

Seriously?

Just…wow. That hair is even more insane than his!

Is his entire family lineage made of cartoon characters? I knew his family got rich on brothels originally but this shows that screwie style runs in the family.

17 Likes

About to burn out my resistors trying to determine if that’s a step up from these guys…

4 Likes

I envision a queue where the first person goes to the back over and over again.

5 Likes

Yes, but with much more rotting.

1 Like

That’s ridiculous – that would involve him reading more than a few words in sequence.

12 Likes

One wonders how much of this NSA is just sucking down. If there is an active counterintelligence operation that has, probably well before the election, had Trump as a target, it may not have ever stopped, even once he was in office. We shall see…

5 Likes

What’s wrong with Andropov?

2 Likes

I’ll just leave this here…

(post/upload edited so text on image isn’t hidden by preview)

20 Likes

Well, even attractive stepmothers can be cruel.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s exactly how I’ve imagined the White House staff dynamics - every minor staff member jockeying for position so they can come back around at just the right time, like some perverse game of musical chairs, so they can justify working in that shithole by advancing their agenda.

It seems like the conservative nature of US intelligence/law enforcement agencies would make them extremely loath to even incidentally capture presidential communications, so I could imagine them sabotaging their own investigations to avoid it. But given how many schemes he’s in, up to his eyeballs, I could see the NSA capturing a lot purely accidentally, even so - they just can’t disengage themselves from enough investigations & data feeds quickly enough, once they realize he’s involved as well, to avoid it.

4 Likes