Tucker Carlson accuses FBI of organizing the Capitol riot

Tucker pushes the white supremacy angle harder than he really needs to for views, I think, and it’s been hinted at before he worked at Fox, when it wasn’t working in his favor. He’s a highly mediocre (at best) white dude from a rich family who doesn’t want to acknowledge his immense privilege, so this has been a part of him forever. I think he’s also something of a cynical nihilist, but he’s a racist one.

5 Likes

No, just noting the grain of truth in what Tucker was saying that points to the exact opposite conclusion that he makes.

2 Likes

Here’s Tucker’s argument:

Because FBI didnt charge an organizer → almost certainly working for FBI
almost certainly working for FBI → working for FBI
working for FBI → FBI operatives
presence of FBI operatives → FBI organized 1/6 Capitol riots
QED

But when they are charged or they are revealed to be cooperating witnesses you can be sure Tucker will be nowhere around. He’ll be off created a new, different lie.

But, on the plus side, this is a great marketing opportunity: theyve been so carefully and assiduously atrophied that by now they can be re-sold as artisanal gourmet dried walnuts.

5 Likes

23 Likes

Dollars to donuts he’s still writing for him under a pseudonym.

2 Likes

And misogynist, possibly incel, etc, so many boxes!

2 Likes

Can we please stop attributing to mental illness what is obviously a strategy? These are intelligent people. They know exactly what they’re doing. Tucker isn’t “crazy.” Sean Hannity isn’t “crazy.” They’re fully aware of who was involved in the Jan. 6 insurrection and who wasn’t. But they’re publicly performing this crap because it pleases (1) The God-Emperor-Daddy and (2) his loyal, salivating GQP voters. It also serves the Fox News function of spreading Republican misinformation/disinformation to loyal viewers who get their “news” from Fox and nowhere else—except, of course, when they get the same or worse from Newsmax and OANN.

7 Likes

Sorry, @frauenfelder , the Tin Foil hat treatment is not good enough this time. I’m going to additionally go with: Clown Nose, Little Boy Lollipop, Best Friend Barney pin. (With the threat of rich-kid, Little Lord Fauntleroy costume, should he persist.)

5 Likes

I think he might have a point. I mean, I can totally see most of the insurrectionists on a Florida beach in a Female Body Inspector t-shirt…

1 Like

I accidentally clicked on his own foxnews piece. Astoundingly, he warmly quotes Vladimir Putin in an interview in which Putin was spinning the Capital Insurrection to weasel out of the interviewer’s question about Putin himself ordering an assassination.

KEIR SIMMONS, NBC: Did you order Alexei Navalny’s assassination?

PUTIN: Of course not. We don’t have this kind of habit of assassinating anyone. That’s number one. Number two, I want to ask you: Did you order the assassination of the woman who walked into the Congress and who was shot and killed by a policeman? Do you know that 450 individuals were arrested after entering the Congress? And they didn’t go there to steal a laptop. They came with political demands.

Under normal circumstances, we wouldn’t quote a foreign adversary criticizing our government, but honestly, those are entirely fair questions. Who did shoot Ashli Babbit?

Note what Putin actually did, if you read the actual words above, was to ask reporter Keir Simmons if he himself ordered the “assassination” of Ashli Babbit.

Carlson goes on to fan the flames by saying there is NOT ENOUGH FOOTAGE in the public domain from the insurrection (!) because the DOJ hasn’t posted online all 10,000 hours they received. That’s a conspiracy, of course.

5 Likes

We have hundreds of hours of video shot by the insurrectionists, of they themselves getting violent. One by one they are all being identified. No FBI agents have been spotted yet in that footage. We do have video of a certain ex president and his assorted lickspittles riling up the crowd immediately beforehand, even using the phrase “trial by combat” and “fight like hell.” But sure, it must have been the FBI whispering “go on, do it, you know you want to” offscreen somewhere, behind a tree maybe.

4 Likes

can someone please tell me why I can smell that picture.

2 Likes

I hadn’t otherwise paid attention to “Date Lab,” and keep hoping they might use that space for another article. Having said that, it turns out this guy was set up on a date…

4 Likes

So, let’s adjust this from Carlson. For 8 years, everything Obama/Dems did it was Obama’s fault. It was Obama’s agencies from EPA to FBI. It was Obama’s and part of HIS government. Trump comes in, there’s a yuge party (yeah, sure) and everyone was happy because this was Trump’s government.

So, what Carlson is actually saying, is that the FBI (Trump’s FBI) helped instigate a possible takeover of the Government by storming the Capital. On the day that Trump sent his rally to the Capital to stop certification of the election.

How is that any different than what we are all saying? That Trump tried to stop the certification by any means. Sounds like he got his FBI to push his rally people to storm the capital. How does that change the narrative?

I’m so behind Carlson rationale, unfortunately, he STILL doesn’t have a damn clue what he’s actually saying, that Trump and his people, and now his government agency pushed to stop the certification. Can we start a letter writing campaign thanking Carlson for acknowledging the truth: Trump and his people tried to stop the certification by the use of force, or in better word, a effing riot!

Filing this under “The lengths people will go to never ever admit they are wrong.”

2 Likes

Tucker Carlson thinks

You lost me, right there.

4 Likes

No, no. See the FBI betrayed trump and staged a fake insurrection in order to discredit his sketchy recounts that will flip the unfair election and…just buy your ticket for inauguration…2000 bucks…the best seats…the hugest seats…you can fit two people in these seats, but you can’t…that costs extra

/S

2 Likes

My natural inclination is to think the FBI is looking into Tucker Carlson (Maybe because of the odd interview with Matt Gaetz) and Tucker is lashing out at the FBI because of this.

5 Likes

That’s another big lie right there.

5 Likes

No. Tucker Carlson does not think these things. Tucker Carlson wants you to think these things. There is a very big difference between the two.

1 Like