Tucker Carlson thought anti-elite historian would be an easy interview, but ended up telling him "go fuck yourself"

For those who prefer YouTube:

YT’s algorithm washed it into my playlist a few moments ago, and boy did this make my day!

15 Likes

On Twitter, Bregman continued with something he should have said that is great:

"I stand behind what I said, but there’s one thing I should have done better. When Carlson asked me how he’s being influenced by Big Business and tax-avoiding billionaires, I should have quoted Noam Chomsky… Years ago, when he was asked a similar question, Chomsky replied: ‘I’m sure you believe everything you’re saying. But what I’m saying is that if you believe something different, you wouldn’t be sitting where you’re sitting.’ "

7 Likes

Original source of that quote:

19 Likes

He is the elder son of Richard Warner Carlson, a former Los Angeles news anchor and U.S. ambassador to the Seychelles who was also president of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting and director of Voice of America.[3] Carlson’s father had been born Richard Boynton and was adopted by the Carlsons at age three.[4] Carlson’s mother is Lisa McNear Lombardi; she left the family when Carlson was 6 years old,[5][3] wanting to pursue a bohemian lifestyle. She eventually moved to France and had little contact with any of the family after that.[6] Carlson has a younger brother, Buckley Swanson Peck Carlson.

In 1979, when Tucker was 10 years old, his father married Patricia Caroline Swanson. An heiress to the Swanson frozen-food fortune, Swanson is the daughter of Gilbert Carl Swanson, the granddaughter of Carl A. Swanson, and the niece of Senator J. William Fulbright.[7][3]

Tucker and his younger brother grew up in La Jolla, California.[8] While living in La Jolla, Tucker briefly attended La Jolla Country Day School. He then attended high school at St. George’s School, a boarding school in Middletown, Rhode Island.

Seems like a true hero of the proletariat.

edit:

Tucker Carlson’s Salary

$6 Million

28 Likes

This not exclusive to Fox, and not a recent development either. I remember a good quote from the late Roger Ebert…

“In short, I said, events like Columbine are influenced far less by violent movies than by CNN, the NBC Nightly News and all the other news media, who glorify the killers in the guise of “explaining” them. I commended the policy at the Sun-Times, where our editor said the paper would no longer feature school killings on Page 1. The reporter thanked me and turned off the camera. Of course the interview was never used. They found plenty of talking heads to condemn violent movies, and everybody was happy.”

22 Likes

In celebration of the convergence of our extreme weather and Tucker Carlson…

6 Likes

yes, he does. cause in his worldview all exept him, “true” muricans and his million/billionaire-buddys are “fucking morons” by default.

10 Likes

Now I would really like to have a t-shirt with Walter Bregman’s image on it.

2 Likes

there are already plenty of pretty -ahem- heroic photos of him you can choose from; google image has them all :wink:

2 Likes

We used to be able to see it on Sky - But then this happened (again and again) which put Fox’s bid for Sky in jeopardy. (Comcast outbid them anyway)

Ofcom found Fox News to be in “serious breach for a current affairs program,” saying it had “presented the audience with materially misleading facts.”

Ofcom said: “Following a careful investigation, we found that Fox News breached broadcasting rules by showing a discussion about the EU referendum while the polls were open on the day of the referendum.”

Ofcom concluded “We considered that the programs presented an overwhelmingly one-sided view (in support of Donald Trump) on a matter of major political controversy and major matter relating to current public policy,”

Ofcom ruled. “More should have been done to make the differentiation between editorial and advertising, and the failure to do so was a material breach” of Britain’s TV code.

11 Likes

One could perhaps say that Tuck indeed did get cucked?

1 Like

Thanks for the video; is there any more context available? Who was Chomsky talking to, when, etc.?

2 Likes

That would be Andrew Marr.

On the BBC. The show was called “The Big Idea”. In 1996.

11 Likes

That was fun.
Ah, back in the day, when hope was only just circling the rim rather than falling down the pan.

5 Likes

Spittin’ fire!

Jon Stewart for President. (Except that he probably embodies the principle, that anybody worthy of the job wouldn’t want it.)

4 Likes

Carlson did respond about the interview, on this article i read he (weirdly) says:

“I did what I try hard never to do on this show and I was rude,” Carlson said. “I called him a moron and then I modified that word with a vulgar Anglo-Saxon term that is also intelligible in Dutch.”

What the fuck is he talking about? I honestly can’t even with the construction of that sentence/statement.

Later:

“In my defense, I would say that that was entirely accurate but you’re not allowed to use that word on television,” adding that was why the segment did not air.

“It was genuinely heartfelt,” Carlson said. “I meant it with total sincerity.”

So his defense on the matter is: I was rude, but i seriously meant that you can go fuck yourself.

What a sorry excuse for a human being

23 Likes

The “go fuck yourself” portion of his meltdown.

7 Likes

I agree that Bregman played it well, but we are talking about Tucker Carlson. Cans of soup have left him stumbling/speechless.

ETA: And this would explain why :wink:

12 Likes

You know, being a plainspoken, regular kind o’ guy, that Real Americans™ find so refreshing. I bet if he tried that phrase out in a Rump Rally half the audience would fall asleep before he could complete the third syllable in “intelligible.”

7 Likes