Tucker Carlson thought anti-elite historian would be an easy interview, but ended up telling him "go fuck yourself"

As a historian, I wish more of my kind would be doing this kind of thing. If not, I’m more than happy to not have a tenure track job in my field, because I don’t want people who refuse to speak truth to power to be my colleagues.

18 Likes

This is so weird, first he gets bested in a debate by a non-native English speaker, then he somehow feels the need to make it clear that the person he insulted probably understood what he was saying. No shit Sherlock!

10 Likes

To be fair thanks to many US sites refusing to even try to comply with “don’t use people’s data without their permission”, our access to US news is getting more limited.

4 Likes

Of course, the Dutch cognate of that word is not rude at all, and simply means ‘to breed animals’.

Dutch person: I fok horses.
English person, shocked: PARDON?!
Dutch person, pleased: Yes, that’s right, paarden!

14 Likes

Yeah I didn’t think it was something to be proud of if the only thing you can communicate in multiple languages is “FUCK YOU!”

6 Likes

A good way around that is using a translation service to load the page or using something like outline.com (just add outline.com/ to the front of the url you want to read). But yeah, this is annoying…

3 Likes

Tucker has to feel like the fake lion skin rug on the floor just got up and bit his leg off.

Their business model is based on interviewing many people, cherry-picking and selective editing to fit their narative. The idea that one their victims interviewees could also record and publish was probably quite an unsettling shock. (Grumpy Cat: Good!)

11 Likes

Someone should gift him with one of these:

7 Likes
4 Likes

Personally, I attribute Carlson’s meltdown to having to wearing straight ties instead of his trademark bowties.

4 Likes

Reminder of what Rutger Bregman was doing before he went viral:

9 Likes

Tuckering continues:

12 Likes

Well well, another clever motherfucker flustered Tucker!

16 Likes

The levels of not being able to drop another guest that doesn’t play ball is written all over his face.

12 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.