Tucker Carlson worries armed trans people might acquire multi-role stealth combat aircraft

The thing about a gun is it’s not a passive defense. You can put an extra bolt on a heavy steel door if you’re feeling threatened without increasing the tension. But when you pull out a gun, you’ve raised the stakes to kill or be killed.
If you pull out the gun just to show you’re serious, you’re these fools.

Guns don’t work that way. If someone in the crowd had been carrying a gun, they could have felt threatened and shot at them, then they start shooting and everything is awful.

This guy’s words from the Vegas shooting stuck with me:

“We actually have members of our crew with CHL [concealed handgun license] licenses, and legal firearms on the bus,” Keeter said. “They were useless. We couldn’t touch them for fear the police might think that we were part of the massacre and shoot us.”

10 Likes

It is so easy to land It in your backyard. Please, be sure to get the right model and Bon Voyage.

ETA

You can also purchase the accessories to make your flying experience more satisfying.

8 Likes

The only thing that matters is that the gunship shoots to the right!

1 Like

One can’t dismiss the possibility of nazis in New England. The reality is they are here and becoming increasingly more active and visible.

4 Likes

This is a point that doesn’t get made often enough, so thank you for making it.

The whole point of democratic constitutions is to provide non-violent mechanisms for changing government as needed at any time. That’s how we prevent tyranny.

It’s sad that 2A nuts don’t understand this.

13 Likes

There is something almost quaint about the idea of asking permission before organizing a violent overthrow of the United States government. “Well, we would have lined them all up against the wall and unloaded a few clips into them but it turns out the Constitution doesn’t guarantee a legal right to firearms so we had to scrap the idea.”

12 Likes

I have a lot of questions about this, first of all:

What is the ideal multi-role stealth strike aircraft for the trans community?

This seems like an important point to decide upon.

Given your previous comment; I’m not convinced that you see trans people having a greater ability to commit suicide as an unwelcome result.

13 Likes

I’m not sure I understand. What are those pro-trans policies, and what do you fear about them?

11 Likes

And what pro-trans sentiments? Is compassion really that fearful?

Sounds suspect.

12 Likes

I mean we know exactly what this person is talking about, and they need to be exited from this site post-haste. They want the right to make trans people live in fear and be persecuted.

7 Likes

If it’s a new emotion to you, maybe. Some people need reassuring that it isn’t going to cost them anything.

8 Likes

Nobody’s going to pull you over if you’re flying a fighter jet.

15 Likes

If trans people got stealth fighters, you know for sure Republicans would be handing out laser AA batteries to red states.

5 Likes

Shit. I just found out the Nashville shooter was a trans man. Goddammit.

ETA: To be clear…this fact shouldn’t matter. But it’s just going to fuel people like Carlson and MTG who are now going to say, “SEE! I TOLD YOU!!” Fuck.

14 Likes

You seem fun. Welcome to BoingBoing!

7 Likes

… they’re coming to trans his kids, obviously

THEN: mandatory tranzation for everybody :crazy_face:

8 Likes

We have the technology.

18 Likes

It almost sounds like Tucker Carlson is calling for common-sense fighter jet control, but that can’t be right.

7 Likes

15 Likes