Twitter reactivates Trump's account

Do you have a penchant for pedant pendants?

14 Likes

Perchance?

18 Likes

I saw a report on TikTok (so you know it’s totally accurate and not just made up), that as part of setting up Truth Social, they had him sign an agreement not to go back to Twitter, or to only post on Truth, something like that. It was a TikTok video, I’m not recalling the exact details. Since the people investing clearly know they only reason anyone would ever use it is because that’s where he is.

Real or not, it would completely explain why he would just stay there.

10 Likes

Trump sticking to a deal? No way. Huge fake. Sad!

20 Likes

There was a deal, as I recall, but it requires him to make posts on Truth first and allows him to publish things elsewhere after a waiting period (24hrs? I don’t remember)

ETA: 6 hours

11 Likes

When I remember that the entire point of software is to emulate an arbitrary electromechanical machine, it seems close enough.

13 Likes

I locked my account and deleted the app today. Been feeling like I should do it for some time, but the increasing hostility of the site coupled with Musk’s mismanagement and the return of some pretty vile accounts (including Trump’s) finally pushed me over. That was my home online, and I’m sad to see it go, but it’s no longer safe for trans people and other minorities at all.

24 Likes

Ah, but was it Pedantry or Nit-Picking? :thinking:

2 Likes

And now Marge is back. She says she unfiltered again, did I miss her filtering her posts?

9 Likes

Then why did it feel as if I had won a prize when I was awarded it?

All gone now. :face_holding_back_tears:

9 Likes

Unfiltered = not wearing a mask?

Also she should really take a 6th grade civics class sometime

12 Likes

Play something something get something something? :thinking:

5 Likes

Its Elon’s own little version of a Rick & Morty style pocket dimension world where he does whatever he wants, completely unchecked. Not even the Government of the country he headquarters the business is doing anything about it. The poll was just for fun.

5 Likes

Because you’re just twisted like that; though thankfully not as tedious or annoying as most folks who unintentionally ‘earn’ that badge.

7 Likes

There wss/is a badge called “whatsboutist”. One guy earned it and never posted again.

13 Likes

No loss, there.

I though I do kinda feel left out now that I realize I have not inspired the creation of a new badge; guess I’m not nearly as ‘distinctive’ as I like to think I am.

Oh, well…

15 Likes

Guardian of GIFs?

Master of Memes?

Nemesis of the Naysayers?

I’ll think of something

15 Likes

As my friend @teknocholer once said of me, fondly:

Dracarys muthafuckas

I’m actually kinda partial to Breaker of Trolls; the unofficial title will have to do.

:stuck_out_tongue:

24 Likes

ACKshually a reward and an award are two different things which serve distinct functions (am I doing this right?)

22 Likes

Yes, but both awards and rewards cause a buildup of dopamine in your brain’s reward center.

And when all is said and done, isn’t that what it’s all really about?

12 Likes