Twitter tanks with U.S. ad sales dropping 59% since April

Originally published at: Twitter tanks with U.S. ad sales dropping 59% since April | Boing Boing

5 Likes

how-low

20 Likes

I mean, inside sources or not, it’s a pretty safe bet that Twitter is not going to bounce back any time soon. It’s a guaranteed bet it is not going to while the narcissistic idiot that drove it into the ground is still there.

13 Likes

exactly GIF

10 Likes

Such an appropriate amount of revenue for a site now full of Nazi signalling. I can just imagine Musk edgelord tittering to himself about this as the ship splits in half.

14 Likes

“5D chess! 5D chess!”

13 Likes

Go Fash, lose cash.

15 Likes

It may look like running the company into the ground; but it’s actually a galaxy-brain plain to use spacex engineers to perform a gravitational acceleration maneuver to give the stack velocity.

14 Likes

So their income doesn’t even cover interest, let alone a single cent of their other costs? That sounds healthy and sustainable.

13 Likes

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.

7 Likes

I don’t think Musk cares as long as the Nazis can post their fascist propaganda.

10 Likes

Most of the ads I’ve noticed seem to be fake. All the logos use the same colors making me think an AI is creating the logos for the fake shops. I’ve been seeing ads for pocket guns for $30.00 and those run at least $400. It’s like Facebook marketplace - just full of scams.

11 Likes

Will she make it to the end of the week?

14 Likes

i hear george santos is looking for a treasurer… so there’s always options.

9 Likes
14 Likes

Time to break out another head of lettuce.

13 Likes

the only advertisers left on twitter are whack a mole “ChinaStore” one product ads that have procedurally generated names. I block all advertisers while I block blue checks.

I wish there was an automated plugin to do it

5 Likes

Are they explicitly labelled “promoted”? The way I had my adblocker set up hid all of those too.

6 Likes

I prefer to block, so as to mess with the algorithm and reach, and ruin analytics :smiley:

6 Likes

Haters’ gonna hate not pay the bills.

Best Puppet Laugh GIFs | Gfycat

7 Likes