U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service: "Are we ready for 'Bigfoot" or the Loch Ness Monster?"

I’m re-reading your post, trying to read it in any way that suggests the writer is not primarily interested in posting comments which fabricate the existence of bigfeet. And I’m failing to.

If you’re meaning to imply the author is not talking about real treaties by suggesting secret meetings which have nothing to do with this topic, 1) it is not obvious and 2) it is derailing and OT in any case. It could be better served as a PM or fork.

2 Likes

Look, I wish that I could respond to all of your points…but I can’t. Trust me.

What I can is that we’re not talking about any old sumatran rhino here, which taste like lizard taint. We’re talking about sapien bigfeet, which happen to taste like bacon. And, I guarantee you, if you were sapient bacon instead of the sapien meatbag you are, you’d be very interested in keeping this hush-hush too.

7 Likes

Accounts of cannibals do frequently claim our taste to be like pork.

So the police need to lay off Wayne and Garth.

2 Likes

Die sasquatch nicht Schweigen!

8 Likes

New bugs, microorganisms, and plants are identified every week, most of them in less-populated areas. New terrestrial megafauna? Those are pretty damn rare. And a new North American primate? It would be the first in recorded history.

3 Likes

I know for a fact bigfoot exists. I have the note from my podiatrist.

8 Likes

So just to be clear, you and all the other people in possession of solid evidence of the existence of bigfoot don’t share that evidence because everyone is mean to you when you say you have it.

And you all withhold the evidence acting as one.

And that’s why no one ever sees any solid evidence of bigfoot.

2 Likes

I suggested, in all good faith, that they share their evidence with the people that might best make use of it.

Then we got this:

Hey, man. I want to believe. Help me help you!

Making the world believe, which seems like is their point, is apparently not important enough to share with scientists? Who would validate your evidence?

2 Likes

I’m almost ready to believe in bigfoot, because these posts are so crazy they look like a false flag conspiracy…

3 Likes

You know, you haven’t seen crazy until you’ve searched it out.

I took to traveling a lot for work a few years back, and got bored driving. So I googled what truck drivers did to keep occupied during those long hours at night on the road.

Coast to Coast AM.

Massively entertaining, especially if you don’t check your skeptic hat at the door.

5 Likes

Old news. The public service announcement for Bigfoot: Endangered Mystery was released in 2003.

2 Likes

Oh leave it on but more of check your outrage hat. You have to laugh at it as any other response leads to madness.

1 Like

See, I avoid the outrage by wearing my sci-fi nerd hat, and imagining what a world it would be if the crackpots were speaking the truth.

3 Likes

My favorite episode involved a discussion of the hypothesis that bigfoot is some kind of alien pet who occasionally gets dropped off here for an interstellar rest stop. The reason we haven’t been able to get proof of the creature’s existence is that it’s always back on board the UFO by the time anyone gets a chance to document it. (I am not making any of that discussion up).

6 Likes

Sidenote: Money spent on studying preparation for and execution during Hurricane Katrina: ~$86k.

Money spent on cheap political partisan bullshit slinging ‘studying’ the loss of American life in Benghazi: ~$5M+

WTF, America?

6 Likes

Um. When I eat too much gorganzola I go a little cray-cray, too, but…uh…

1 Like

My personal favorite was one where they turned the crazies loose on a respected physicist during the call-in segment.

One caller talked about how his friend spoke “Kalbot” a Robot Language, and had a laptop with one screen with human cloning software, another with psychotronic programming software, and so on…

The physicist was a true professional, after a few moments thought preparing an answer, he very politely stated that extraordinary claims required extraordinary evidence, and he encouraged them to investigate some.

2 Likes

Do not forget Yobgorgle: the Mystery Monster of Lake Ontario. I’m partial to this monograph on the wee Beastie.

1 Like

Actually a Regular - you have this dumb rule that you cannot respond more
than xx times in a few days if you are a new member. yes there are closed
groups that BF can be discussed without ridicule. The true evidence is
here. Within these groups are scientists (so why should I seek more if I
have access to at least 5 daily) authors, newspaper, fbi, police, fireman,
I am a system analyst. only requirement - open mind, and you have to have
seen one/proof. you cant join unless you are invited. Participants are
turned down after a certain num. So the negatives of the world knowing the
truth truly exceeds any positives. We don’t want it. Some people believe
the earth is flat today, why subject findings to Morons. They wont
understand as your blog indicates. So we don’t care what you think.

Then there are some groups that do hoaxes, not real, questioning. I have
even seen BF recovery groups. And I resent being called a dude, I am not.

At @OtherMichael, this new bot is impressive! How did you code in the bad grammar and bad sentence structure?

4 Likes