Uh oh. Lauren Boebert tells Americans not to be distracted by "the natural"... "We are taking ground in the spirit world"

No stretch there. They already believe that God can make a sinner like Donald Trump a vessel of His will, so why not the Godless commies and liberals too?.

8 Likes

Seriously can’t we start requiring a passing score on the MMPI with filing papers to run for public office?

It’s not a pass-fail test. /Pedant

I’ll believe the ass.

1 Like

Trinity? Easy as cake:
Der Hasen und der Löffel drei, und doch hat jeder Hase zwei!

1 Like

seriously why is she not in jail

1 Like

And if she needs to keep them, could we convince her to use blanks? As long as she’s prayerful, they should be effective in the spiritual world.

Nope. It means if you take up violence as a way of life, it’s likely the way you’ll die.

4 Likes

I think it is worse in the sense that these nutbags now have their hands on the levers of power to a degree they did not previously, and are consequently far more openly what they are. They always were, don’t get me wrong, but now they are open and proud about it.

13 Likes

“On the media” had a great segment tying Gnostic thought to this exact line of thinking among Qs. That you can not trust the world you see or experts in this world.

The segment title is: ancient-heresy-helps-us-understand-qanon

5 Likes

Wait I’ve heard something like this before… “Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!”

1 Like

There is a longstanding argument in the Xian dominionist dogma against vaccines and even medical care because it “thwarts God’s will.” Because apparently their god like to watch kids die horribly? If so, they can have it.

11 Likes

I think it means he was, rightly, afraid of the occupying Roman empire and sought to undermine the Jewish collaborator regime without angering the overwhelming power which, pretty soon after, devastated the country.

If he had a chance against the Romans, I’m not sure that he wouldn’t have rendered unto Caesar what he felt was his due for the sake of rendering to god what was his.

I don’t think Yshua ben Yosef was a fluffy bunny hippy by any means.

3 Likes

TBH I’m a pretty big fan of demonology and I’ve got a headcannon that Kenneth Copeland is, in fact, a demon or possessed by one.

1 Like

I believe the polite term these days is ‘homeopathic ammunition’.

For a bronze age roaming philosopher, dude had an uncanny grasp of modern firearm statistics.

6 Likes

A demon condo building with an HOA.

1 Like

One could also argue that God granted us the intelligence to be able to create vaccines, therefore the existence of vaccines must also be God’s will. That they are indeed a test: are you going to use the intelligence He gave you and roll up your sleeve, or fail both it and him.

Remember, the Jews spared in the great plague of Egypt were those who took proactive steps to ensure their household would not be touched, not simply those who trusted “God’s Will”.

20 Likes

That is pretty much my counterargument every time. I get confused looks, but never a glimmer of understanding. The brainwashing is strong.

14 Likes

I like that interpretation…also, isn’t there a thing in the Torah or Talmud along those lines? It’s about a guy who is standing next to a wall that’s crumbling praying to god to fix it, instead of using his knowledge that god granted him to do so? The lesson being that god gave you the tools to fix your problems, and that the bigger sin is not to do so, but instead pretend your helpless and only god can fix it?

15 Likes

Yep.

“God helps those who help themselves.”

12 Likes