UK government tells nursery workers to turn in potential terrorist toddlers

And there’s no reason whatsoever to think that any parent in Essex would, or that it would have any impact on a child if they did.

You may as well worry that children in Essex are watching videos by the KKK. Actually, that’s far more likely.

4 Likes

No! If there are any Muslims, there is a risk of radicalization. That’s just how they are, man. That’s just how they are.

5 Likes

Are you saying that there isn’t a problem with the spread of jihadi values in the UK? Radical Islam is not a bogeyman. Its real and its changing the face of Europe. If your reply is that what I’ve just said is “racist fear mongering” then either you are ill informed or you have a firmly held opinion that won’t change regardless of the facts.

Ohhhhhhhh. You’re a crazy person. Now I get it.

5 Likes

That was too easy. So much for dialogue. Now that I see that there’s no one on the other side of this conversation I will stop typing. I suggest one thing in parting. Go live in a religious Muslim Arab neighborhood in England or France for 3 months. See if your first hand experiences support your current opinions. If you say I’m a racist crazy again it won’t change the facts.

Dear UK Spook Tip-Off Hotline,

I am writing to you out of concern for the child of a neighbour. I believe that due to the background of this child’s parents, he is at risk of radicalization from them. The child has no brothers or sisters and his father has links to extremist groups, is associated with known terrorists as well as being highly outspoken on the subject of racial purity and the need for violent change.

The child is due to start boarding school very soon and without prompt intervention, I fear he could be placed into the care of individuals who will further encourage his hatred of normal, everyday people and train him in dangerous and illegal methods of terrorism.

I feel that I have to write anonymously out of fear of reprisals from the boy’s parents. Please help little Draco before it’s too late.

Yours etc…

8 Likes

You know, my ma always said,“You gotta start young if you’re gonna stick it out!”

We’re ALL Bozos on This Bus…

5 Likes

Of course you’d be okay in those neighborhoods; you are a Muslim. I think a non-Muslim (infidel) would have a “radically” different experience.

I did once.
Neighbourhood was typical inner-city cheap rental but there was plenty going on and a good community vibe. Great local groceries and absolutely amazing take-away food. Lived in far worse places, all in all. The automated call to prayer took a few days to get used to but on the whole was about as irritating as church-bells.

14 Likes

Try a neighborhood in France THESE days. And just to make sure you are noticed, one day wear a cross over a Christian themed T shirt (Jesus Loves You, etc) and the next day a Jewish skullcap (kipah). You will be treated differently.

So exactly how many times are we supposed to try this “stunt” and have nothing happen?

7 Likes

We’ve got to wait until a True Scotsman tries it, I think.

18 Likes

Also. No. I am not a Muslim. I seem to recall saying that somewhere…

7 Likes

Tonight I’ve learned that my cultural heritage makes me incapable of assessing my culture.
Thanks, internet.

6 Likes

Since their little craniums are still quite soft, I recommend their binding to phrenologically acceptable standards.

2 Likes

Yeah, the people of the neighbourhood will be all like, “WTF? Weren’t you a Christian yesterday?!!”

17 Likes

What’s the political significance of this coming from the Home Office instead of the Education Department? Is May trying to provoke a reaction from Morgan? Perhaps an over-reaction?

1 Like

Can anyone find a link to the purported Home Office consultation document? You’d think the Home Office would make it available (for consultation and such), but I struggle to find any evidence for its existence outside the fertile imaginations of the Telegraph and the Daily Fail.

I laughed so much when I read about this because in most people’s mind it boils down to “the government wants to spy on your kids because they think that toddlers can be terrorists”.
Not necessarily correct, but easy to spin that way :slight_smile:

Is it really “radical” to understand that in a free society, each person gets to decide what the values of their society are? When people in such positions say something so asinine as that I am paying them to tell me what I think, do they really not understand the reprisals they are inviting upon themselves?

6 Likes