UK Political Thread, part the second

According to YouGov, the general public is 79 per cent likely to support a family member coming out as lesbian, gay, or bi. Meanwhile, 63 per cent they would support a family member coming out as trans.

Seventy-four per cent of cis LGB adults feel safe in the streets of the area they live, with 78 per cent of all Britons feeling the same way. Comparatively, only 57 per cent of trans people said they felt safe in their area.

6 Likes

Javid and Sunak resign.

6 Likes

I thought this was a suggestion, but youā€™re right!

8 Likes

I just saw that.

Though I suspect these two gentlemen quit because it would damage their careers to stay, not because two Tory ministers miraculously grew consciences today.

14 Likes

I hope Sajid Javid has already irreparably damaged his career. I donā€™t know anything about the other minister but he is a Tory, so heā€™s probably an asshole as well.

5 Likes

Rishi Sunak was the Chancellor of the Exchequer (he runs the Treasury) ā€“ much bigger deal than Javid.
Luckily his wife is worth a packet.

6 Likes

You put an extra word in there, would you like it back?

10 Likes

Oh, thatā€™s where I put that word. Iā€™ve been looking all over for it. I would love it back.

5 Likes

Spot on.
Iā€™m not sure about Javidā€™s future, but at least Rishi has a comfortable Ā£800 Million to fall back on, just in case.

4 Likes

Javid also has no need to worry about money ever again.

4 Likes

season 3 rats GIF

Not that iā€™m comparing the Tories to rats but here we are, choices were madeā€¦

6 Likes

Rattus Rattus is intelligent, social and community minded, most Tories donā€™t even hit that bar.

5 Likes

Given recent events, had they not resigned 2-3 years minimum ago, theyā€™re assholes and thatā€™s being generousā€¦

The Tories have not been even trying to hide what they are. EVERY current member is very complicit.

8 Likes

laugh

Oh. Sheā€™s serious.
Fuck.

11 Likes

Exactly my thought.

Rats leaving a sinking ship exclusively staffed by rats.

3 Likes

Oh. Sheā€™s a fuckwit.
Seriously.

6 Likes

Her ignorance knows no boundary, it is a vast, featureless plain where ideas go to die.

Meanwhileā€¦

Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss

3 Likes

The swine Javid allowed the child of a British citizen to die in a refugee camp in order to pander to Britainā€™s xenophobic mob. In a party full of evil, callous scum heā€™s second only to Priti Patel in the ā€˜Tories whoā€™d have loved being concentration camp staffā€™ rankings.

5 Likes

Shouldnā€™t we care about any and all children dying in refugee camps, regardless of their citizenship?

6 Likes

With Tories they are all arseholes, Some are bigger arseholes than others but are good at hiding the worst of what they have done and they tend to be the ones who get cabinet jobs, but there are also a lot of far-right adjacent backbenchers who the cabinet need to keep on their side.

7 Likes