UK Political Thread, part the second

Marina Hyde is, in my opinion, a national treasure however you define that nation.

One of the more excruciating things I’ve read about Dominic Cummings – tough field – came last November in the Sunday Times account of his final days in No 10. A colleague told the paper: “Dom’s favourite gesture at the moment in conversations is to pull the pin from an imaginary hand grenade and then throw the grenade over his shoulder as he leaves the room. Everyone is braced.”

Knuckle chewing stuff from Dom there.

4 Likes

Dominic Cummings: Health secretary’s ‘stupid’ targets delayed building UK test and trace system to combat COVID

The UK’s Health Secretary put plans to create the test and trace system to combat the spread of COVID-19 back by more than month by needlessly introducing his own targets, the Prime Minister’s former advisor claims.
[…]

3 Likes

Trying to decide which of the lying bastards is lying a bit less is my daily struggle with this shower of shits.

6 Likes

More alarming snippets from the Dominic Cummings testimony- in his explanation of what went on, he off-handedly reveals that he regularly leaked information to one friendly journalist- The BBC’s Laura Kuenssberg, effectively giving him a route to get his spin directly on air.

However, if you were watching this bit of the report on BBC news at the time, this is what you would have heard:

Great timing of that continuity announcement, folks.

And in other “Establishment fuckery with the media” news today, the royals were apparently leaning on Channel 4 news to stop them showing footage that they didn’t want seen:

6 Likes

Don’t worry- Boris and chums have the answer to all your Brexit problems. The plan to facilitate all those trade deals and boost the economy in a way that will compensate for cutting the country off from the local trade bloc is here. They’re going to…

build a big boat?

4 Likes

So, Royal Boaty McBoatface.

What’s next on the agenda, opium wars?

5 Likes

The boat thing was an obsession with the Torygraph. That and having a naval war with Spain for some reason.

I don’t think the owners have a shipbuilding concern so it must be something to do with channel island they own.

7 Likes

It’s just Rule the Waves nostalgia. See also dreams of single-handedly containing China because they have a new aircraft carrier.

3 Likes

18 Likes

I love that they actually printed this letter

7 Likes
4 Likes

such a lovely couple

4 Likes

What are we looking at here?

1 Like

Haven’t you heard? Bojo tied the knot (again).

2 Likes

Nope. I guess I glossed over the (menace to) society pages this morning.

2 Likes

You’re welcome.

3 Likes

It’s a dead cat to distract from the Cummings testimony. That’s why it was done at short notice earlier than expected.

I think it somewhat backfired though because, like you, many didn’t notice or care.

4 Likes
9 Likes

There is nothing more sickening than an organisation who has trans pride colours in their twitter userpic while announcing a transphobe is in a prominent position.

6 Likes

Frustrated Scream GIF by Cake FX

2 Likes