UK Political Thread, part the second

It was illegal when they did it. That’s not reasonably questionable.

Now? Well go look in the constitution.

1 Like
2 Likes

It’s a dire place to be when the best result is no-one wins - that’s precarious (May + DUP for a recent example) and with judicious use of border changes it’s open for manipulation.
Let’s all hope that a condition of that is constitutional reform and PR - EVERY government should be a coalition -

1 Like

36 ministers or junior ministers resigned in the last 24 hours or so.

How on earth will he fill those positions? I cannot believe there are that many back-benchers who would accept promotion at this point. But then they are all self-serving Tory vermin, so who knows…

(But ‘self-serving’ may also mean “it’s best for me to not touch a Boris job with a 10 foot bargepole”.)

4 Likes

It’s the ones who are staying to ensure some of the Johnson-loving party members’ votes that you need to watch out for.

1 Like

Oh bloody heck, Govey Gove has been sacked. Didn’t Theresa May sack him as well? The whole edifice is crumbling upon their unworthy heads.

140|nullxnull

8 Likes

Anakin killed all the Jedi and balanced the Force.

Johnson fired everyone and now they’re all levelled.

3 Likes

Every time I hear about Johnson’s shambolic government, I can’t help but recall this amazing article shared by @Doctor_Faustus elsethread (*):

I’m not suggesting 11-dimensional chess here, but I do think (hope?) that Johnson’s act may be reaching a point where it just can’t hang together anymore.

(*)

8 Likes
7 Likes

More believable than anything else he has said today.

6 Likes

And been labelled “a snake” by the No10 press operation (i.e. by Boris).

PS do not make Gove seem nice by using ‘Govey’.

ETA
Screen Shot 2022-07-06 at 22.18.22

3 Likes

Yeah, it does seem to humanise the skinsuit wearing reptilian somewhat…

gove-skinsuit

2 Likes

On the other hand it does make him sound like the ventriloquist dummy come to life that he is

3 Likes

Has BJ’s government officially become an omnishambles yet?

3 Likes

I’d argue it has been one from the start.

Shambles are the environment BoJo thrives in

8 Likes

:grimacing:

7 Likes

winona-thats-good-point

4 Likes
6 Likes

I thought it was a reference to the delightful Dead Ringers characterisation of him as a high school gossip queen who always introduces himself as “Govey Govey Govey”?

1 Like