UK Political Thread, part the second

I think you’re right about that. They never really supported it in the first place, campaigning against it in the referendum to establish it back in the 90s. But they’ve never been stupid enough to be openly against its existence until now.

Sadly, with the departure of the EU as the scapegoat for all their failings, they need a new enemy, and we Rebellious Scots may fit the bill nicely.

11 Likes

Starmer continued: “I think we need a respectful debate that recognises the different arguments that are being made.

Just a nice respectful debate about the existence of a group of people.

14 Likes

Cross post in transphobia.

Nicola Sturgeon ‘will never apologize for trying to spread equality’

“If they actually go through with their threat to either block the bill from receiving royal assent or block the implementation of it … I think that signals that this becomes about something much more than the issue of self-declaration — this becomes a constitutional crisis, I think,” Chapman told PinkNews*.*

—-
Jayne Ozanne, a former equalities advisor to the Tory government:

“I believe it is the beginning of the end for the United Kingdom, and few will forgive him for it.”

11 Likes

More encouraging sounds

7 Likes
4 Likes

I at first read that as “fired for not wearing a seat belt” and I was like… the UK is getting ANOTHER PM over a seat belt? Then I saw fined… Makes more sense!

6 Likes

Does it? Really? :thinking: :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Well, yes. It does. He got a fine for not wearing a seat belt… He did not get fired for being an asshat of a PM… :woman_shrugging: Not sure why that’s worthy of scorn?

3 Likes
12 Likes
19 Likes
6 Likes

derry-girls-sister-michael-ffs

7 Likes
5 Likes

I think of Jonathan Pie as a British version of the US’s Randy Rainbow.

I wish tho that Randy had that kind of class consciousness.

7 Likes

6 Likes

Scum eat themselves

4 Likes
10 Likes

Maybe they’re not True Scotsman and they can go live in bigoted ol’ England if Scotland votes for independence?

7 Likes
6 Likes

“Shouldn’t neglect to point out that the “sex frolicking” alleged (and for which a settlement was paid) is rape.

9 Likes