Update: After scolding from American Legion, White House again lowers flag to half staff in honor of John McCain

Not a fan of MaCain but man this is typical petty dickary on Trumps part.

4 Likes

Ugh.

I wish people would just ignore things like this. Trump’s stupid little flag game only has any power if people notice it. Although I don’t generally subscribe to the don’t feed the trolls advice, in Trump’s case, I think it would be wise.

Trump lights a fire that would just quietly go out if it weren’t for all the outrage that is waiting to fan the flames.

1 Like

tumblr_pdtv7cx9Ll1vmtp2uo1_540

29 Likes

Trump is damaged goods. He needs to be returned to the manufacturer.

2 Likes

He’s totally the kind of guy who will try to take attention away from a funeral. A funeral.

He’s so freaking gross.

7 Likes

9 Likes

Apparently this is standard protocol according to the Flag Code.

Let’s hold our fire.

3 Likes

I’m sharing this right now!!

3 Likes

Yeah, Americans should definitely ignore the flying of flags in our nation’s capital. Looking at flags is feeding the trollies. So is chiding people for commenting on an insult.

5 Likes

13 Likes

That’s not really what I was trying to say. Look at the flag, notice that it isn’t where you expected it. Just don’t feed the trolley with the outrage he’s looking for. When Trump says “jump”, you don’t really have to do it.

1 Like

Wait! I just thought of something! Maybe he had them raise it because he already forgot what it looked like?

Even if that’s not the reason, if enough of us say that it is, it’ll piss him off.

5 Likes

I think that as long as Trump’s trolling the country in the biggest, loudest, clumsiest ways possible – short of posting a photo of himself giving a picture of McCain the finger – the news will report on it. What they desperately need to stop doing more than anything is reporting on his every tweet. That gives his brain-farts a level of legitimacy they don’t deserve.

8 Likes

the news will report on it

They will indeed report on it and we shouldn’t be surprised. Just ask Boing Boing - Trump is great for page views. Might as well make a little money from the outrage, everybody else is.

If Trump can keep it up, another 4 years is pretty much a sure thing.

1 Like

Doubtful but that’s off topic.

7 Likes

Update: as of this afternoon, the White House flag is back to half-mast, and Trump has belatedly issued a new statement: "Despite our differences on policy and politics, I respect Senator John McCain’s service to our country. "

7 Likes

Even in being a spiteful dick, the man is totally spineless and his word means nothing.

20 Likes

My understanding is that the Flag Code is the minimal requirement, without a statement from the president. But it has been common for presidents to extend the half-mast period to sunset on the day of interment for the passing of sitting senators.

10 Likes

Fair enough. Thanks for that additional context.

1 Like

Actually plausible, given his diet.