UPDATE: Chicago Tribune's Ivanka Trump "If he wasn't my father, I would spray him with Mace" quote is fake

Re: “reminder: he wants to bang his daughter”

Well, in his defense, he wanted to bang his daughter. She’s probably too old for him now.

25 Likes

Solves the old adage of never bring a mace to a gun fight.

7 Likes

Fairly standard for early pistols, although usually it’d be the butt that was clubbed rather than the barrel. You were supposed to flip 'em around after shooting.

6 Likes

[quote=“stefanjones, post:10, topic:90060”]
Addendum: Seriously, though: What would it take to make Hannity, or any of the chuckling boob gallery, reject Trump?[/quote]

If he got them fired from their show.

2 Likes

If you hit someone with a barrel-mace the gun aspect would be useless afterwards. There’s a reason we pistol-whip people with gun butts instead of barrels.

5 Likes

The mace head is the pommel of the gun. It’s a single-shot. You blow your load, and if you miss, you hold it by the barrel, and beat with the butt of the gun.

I know, I meant @Phrenological’s example. The barrel would likely be knocked out of whack the first time you hit someone.

4 Likes

That one’s a wheel lock too. I wouldn’t expect pounding nails into a board to noticeably change its accuracy, due to these very old and early guns being shit for accuracy already.

3 Likes

That’s what any rational person would think. But for Trump supporters, the problem isn’t that Trump merits that kind of reaction, it’s that she’s allowed to express it.

1 Like

Ah, right, “nice guy” logic:

“I never raped you, therefore you must be sexually available to me.”

2 Likes

As a first guess, I’d suggest those balls were counterweights to help balance the pistols, rather than primarily weapons in their own right.

1 Like

See how ornate they are? Those pistols aren’t for fighting, except for maybe the odd duel. And in that case clubbing your opponent after missing him would generally be seen as poor form.

4 Likes

Hey man, Ian’s all about functionality. Occasionally he does ceremonial stuff. And that’s just his logic.

But yeah, even brand new, those guns are meant to be bragged about, not fired or used for anything serious.

As any true gentleman knows, one slips your opponent’s second a small bag of gold to club your opponent for you, on the count of two. One wouldn’t want to get one’s hands dirty, nor take any chances.

6 Likes

They’re stylised and decorative on those particular guns, but butts seriously intended to be used as impact weapons were a standard feature on Renaissance pistols.

5 Likes

I suspect that around 2035, when Trump dies of old age, we’ll “suddenly” find out much too late that Donald Trump was of the likes of Jimmy Savile, a power hungry mass predator protected by several layers of accomplices in the fields of justice, state, show business, etc.

12 Likes

What’s sudden about that? There’s lots of legitimate evidence there, not produced by fake news sites…

7 Likes

Yes there is enough evidence, but for some weird reason the scandal is held back. Usually, powerful predators manage to live their lifes unpunished unless they really mess up and kill someone, and even then things usually get covered up or diverted.

7 Likes

I shudder for the fate of the female household staff in the West Wing.

8 Likes

You wouldn’t want to bring a mace-gun to a taser-knife fight…

9 Likes