UPDATE: Chicago Tribune's Ivanka Trump "If he wasn't my father, I would spray him with Mace" quote is fake

The firing mechanism is irrelevant. Put an iron mace head on the end of a caseless pulse rifle and you’ll have the same problem.

1 Like

Yeah, but what I’m saying is, at that level of technology, the alignment of the barrel is completely eye-balled. It’s not going to shoot straight, even brand new. So hitting something with the barrel isn’t really going to make the pistol less accurate unless the barrel completely bends or something. It’s an inaccurate and dangerous gun generally speaking. At worst it may not fire after hitting something with the mace. At best, it’ll have the same large dispersion and be unreliable, just like these very old pistols always were.

1 Like

Whynotboth.gif

A college friend had a genuine Napoleonic bayonet. Fuckin thing was two feet long and weighed about fifteen pounds. I don’t see any advantage to a bludgeoning accessory unless you’re a cleric in 1/2ed D&D. Poking > swinging every time.

5 Likes

(long deleted treatise on plug vs socket bayonets)

Guys, this is getting overly OT. Take it to the gun thread?

8 Likes

Then you need a good Windu Cleaner.

10 Likes

I think it’s more like Republicans went from wanting a President they could have a beer with to wanting one they could do a line of coke off a hooker’s ass with.

5 Likes

I was thinking about that. Saville was a predator who hid in plain sight, his own autobiography admitted sex with apparently underage “runaway girls” which the police were complicit in. I mentioned Saville to a BBC producer when he was alive and he said something to the effect of disgusting “kiddy fiddler”. The BBC had protocols that he was not to be allowed on his own with young people when he was with them (which did no good to the vulnerable in hospitals etc.) but obviously he had police protection, which should have been the real scandal but wasn’t. His own words and deeds and public knowledge gave him away, and yet nothing happened.

So is Trump like Saville? Is there that level of certainty about him? To me he fits the “when someone tells you who they are, believe them” criterion.

11 Likes

Child rapists are usually family or “close” friends thereof:(

2 Likes

In the name of all that’s reasonable in the world, how in the heck did we elect the absolute scummiest scum from the most scummy part of the swamp?

5 Likes

He’d have to come out in support of women’s rights and other social justice issues. Nothing makes them hate more than people actually doing the things their so-called Messiah told them to do which they ignore in order to bash people for doing that which Jesus never even mentioned, let alone condemned.

7 Likes

There are dozens of these guys. I talked to a girl who had been a teenage groupie of Alice Cooper and was susequently raped multiple times by someone from his team over a certain period of time. She described how, when she got older and tried to drag this guy to justice, suddenly, the whole world seemed to turn against her, police started harrassing her, searching her home, evidence vanished etc.
The predator scene seems to be large and extremely well organized and self-confident. Remember a few years ago when it came out that a nework had existed in the UK in the 80’s and 90’s, consisting of politicians, people from show business, rich and influential people. Thay had obviously abducted, raped and murdered runaways for years and decades. Remember how the story popped up, but then vanished all of a sudden. My theory is that these circles are almighty and they just got their candidate elected.

5 Likes

Or, as my fencing instructor used to say, “Point beats edge”. As he stabbed me again… :neutral_face:

4 Likes

Ahhh, c’mon all you haters! He didn’t say anything about sex, just that he wanted to go on a date with her. You know-- walk around the county 4-H fair, eat cotton candy, win a stuffed animal for her, and drop her off at her Daddy’s home by 10PM… Oh, wait… Daddy’s home is…

5 Likes

Have you been reading the football pages recently?

7 Likes

The story did not vanish. It dragged many public and former public figures into the spotlight. Some were investigated intensively. Turns out (nearly?) all the allegations came from one person whose story lacked some credibility (he was labelled a fantasist in some quarters, and some of his more lurid allegations seemed to cross that line) but had to be investigated, of course, in the current climate. We do not know whether there was any truth in any of it but several high-profile figures were very openly investigated, made complaints against the police, etc. It was on the news a lot, so, no, it did not vanish - that is my point. Any child abuse story in UK is almost impossible to “vanish” after Saville.

4 Likes

They would not be his first choice, believe him.

1 Like

Can you link to a video of that?

1 Like

I double that. Will we have an incest scandal with the Not-So-Great Pumpkin? Or will Drumpf keep his little hands to himself?

3 Likes
4 Likes

Spraying that stuff around? I think we found the new scent for Trump Cologne.

6 Likes