US issues New Zealand travel warning due to its 23 active cases

They - like us - let Peter Thiel in. Neither of us has high standards.

7 Likes

Pfft. They can’t afford the ten- day cruises. That crowd go for the 2- night specials.

I mean, it’s so obviously ridiculous I’m not sure how this even happened. Seems stupid enough that a series of automated processes could be responsible (e.g. news of a “spike” in New Zealand, outdated systems that flag that to create warnings about what countries to not visit, etc.), but…

3 Likes

Maybe he could try licking a rat? Or are we still on trying to create a trade war with Canada?

Also I suspect if we can all survive until then, he should try to drop dead on November 4th.

4 Likes

Trying, and succeeding! So much winning going on…

5 Likes

There is nothing in the news about a covid spike in New Zealand anyway.

I only control what I say and do; and I endeavor to proofread my content prior to posting.

6 Likes

Exact words out of my mouth after a good laugh. Pompeo is just fucking with us right?

5 Likes

What do we issue for ourselves? :flushed:

“Hey man, don’t go to Bill’s house.”

2 Likes

“Hey kids, stay away from school.”
I wonder who they plan to blame when the active cases among students reaches five or six figures?

3 Likes

and all those case here in NZ are in managed isolation, we have ZERO community spread currently. But yes to all Americans that are even slightly unwell stay the fudge home, please.

18 Likes

all 23 cases are from people entering the country from their home countries and are in managed isolation, hotels. Zero community transmission currently and zero cases that we know of in the wild.

10 Likes

Based on our experience in Victoria, Australia, I’d be putting them somewhere remote with the army watching them. The entirety of our second wave, with probably hundreds of deaths seems to have come from hotel quarantine.

5 Likes

The FUCK is Tr*mp wearing on his head in that photo? That’s gotta be a impersonator, right?

5 Likes

Nah. That isn’t necessary, as long as the people who are overseeing your quarantine detention facilities are properly trained. Which the cretins running the lock-ups in Australia obviously weren’t. Fuck me, who in fuck’s name was responsible for supervising your detainees, Krusty the Klown? You don’t take yer average mall cop, give him a pair of gloves and a face mask and tell him to keep an eye on those blokes over there, and by the way they’re contagious, but you can probably let them go down to the 7-11 to get some smokes if they want.
No, we’ve found it’s better to keep everyone well locked up for a couple of weeks until we know they’re clear. We’re only letting Kiwis back in, absolutely no Seppos or Ockers until you clean up your act.
Today’s score: no new cases, 23 in managed isolation. Interestingly, nobody’s died (yet) in lockup, but that’s probably just luck.

4 Likes

Well thats what we did :frowning:

It didn’t help that a significant minority of the people in quarantine were pretty feral and while this will come out of the inquiry I can guess at a few of them were willing to anything, absolutely anything to get outside for a smoke, and a few of the “mall cops” had needs too and were willing to oblige.

I think putting doctors in charge of the whole operation may have been a bad way to go. Doctors tend to be fairly secure, middle class people. Not the sort who would understand the motivations of people who are in a desperate position.

I don’t think many middle class Victorians understood that there were people putting their kids through private school by working at multiple casual jobs, or that the state enrolled nurses in our nursing homes were being employed as casuals because its cheaper that way so that if they picked up an infection at one facility, it was in a different one by the end of the week.

I would like to know what our community of epidemiologists thought about that before covid came along, and what they were doing about it.

7 Likes

That’s an impersonator, but the exact same thing could be said about the real Trump.

6 Likes

I finally got my passport, and now I can’t use it. Where can an American travel to these days?

4 Likes

Without a 14-day quarantine? Turkey, Tanzania, Mexico, and your choice of an assortment of Caribbean tax havens.

5 Likes

there was an a photographer on google+ who had quite a large following and moved to nz don’t suppose he’s too hap-hap-happy