US issues New Zealand travel warning due to its 23 active cases

That was my first thought, too. But it’s just as bizarre as what he combs over every day. Seriously, dude. If you’re bald, then just own it. It’s not like you’re going to “impress the ladies” any more now that your wife is pretty much in hiding and your go-to pimp is in house-arrest writing what I’m sure will be a fun read in September.

5 Likes

If none of the countries suggested appeal to you, Americans can still travel virtually anywhere (with decent bandwidth). Here are some examples:

(YouTube has tour videos by car, boat, bike, and on foot)

3 Likes

Interstate airline trips. Because if you don’t have a passport that is not allowed either.

2 Likes

Not Australia - Victoria. Most Australian states are in pretty good shape. It’s just us who are going to hell in a handbasket. And yes, it does seem to be all to do with how different states managed quarantine.

2 Likes

Not quite in the same category, since the daily number of new cases in France spiked past 2000 this week, but today I received an email from the State Department warning me against travel to France because of the COVID situation. All I could do was laugh and shake my head because (a) I’m already in France, and have been very grateful to be here instead of in the US through the whole debacle, (b) the email went on to detail how France isn’t allowing Americans in (without really mentioning the disgraceful state of the US), and © I’m pretty much expecting to have to cancel my annual Christmas visit with my family this year because the US just can’t get its shit together.

State Department messages to Americans abroad are usually overly cautious and apolitical. They are surely almost always written by career diplomats. This one was clearly written by a political appointee, and it was such garbage that I had to fight the urge to print it out just so I could crumble it up and toss in the trash can.

8 Likes

Yeah, it gives new meaning to the term “rug,” doesn’t it? Don’t you just want to dangle it over the balcony and beat it with a stick?

1 Like

Of course. Victoria is a big disappointment – I’d always imagined it was the state where Aussies kept most of their culture, and the drunken larrikins were generally in Seedney and Brizzie. How wrong I was!

5 Likes

This travel advisory … is not only funny and wrong - it’s adorable. Like a toddler telling off mummy for saying “poop” while shitting their own pants.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.