Utah Governor Spencer Cox tweets a response to letter insisting he change his "foul, dirty and obscene" last name

I’ve already voted though

4 Likes

4 Likes

Letter writer is just trolling right? as someone with a legit worse last name. No way that’s real.

1 Like

Man, Republicans are so bad at satire, virtually proving they have lost their sense of humor outside of garden variety trolling fare. Dennis Miller was a canary in the coal mine, and it just spiraled down from there.

2 Likes

I think the “social justice issue” line gives it away as a troll, though it’s Utah so I suppose you can never be certain.

He named his Ophelia, right?

2 Likes

The fact that Anna Gunn got death threats because people did not like the Skyler character on Breaking Bad does not give me much hope it was just trolling

People are in fact that nuts.

2 Likes

I used to know his sister Anita.

2 Likes

Hindsight Spencer is fortunate not also named Henry. Apologise for moniker levity to any Harry Cox mutants.

That’s not being “nuts”; those are asshole fanboys with no lives and way too much free time.

In order to maintain my tenuous grip on my sanity, I must approach the most egregious examples of the mindless stupidity as such:

5 Likes

John and Adam on No Agenda have gone from being just a shade to the right to about 80% of the way to full on GOP in the last 3-4 years, but I still think they’re pretty funny.

You can tell broadcasters are overthinking it when they emphasize the (silent) L in Norfolk and Suffolk. The correct pronunciations are, of course, NORfuck and SUFfuck.

1 Like

As a tortured member of the Cockburn clan, I gave my daughter the best 0 birthday gift possible, Coburn on her birth certificate…

3 Likes

They’d have multiple heart attacks if they visited the UK.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Yup. I discovered “Malarkey” was a joke in 1st grade. Thankful my parents didn’t name me Lotte.

4 Likes

I dunno, my surname went from Dicks to Dix back to Dicks b/c my grandfather thought trying to change the name to avoid embarrassment was a sign of weakness. I wouldn’t have agreed as a child but as an adult? I agree. There’s a lot of utility in last name like that. It lets me know exactly how unimaginative and small minded many folks are with a minimum of interaction.

3 Likes

In real life I’d of course say nothing and try not to be That Guy. But in the moment, what I’d be wanting to do is attempt to openly empathize with you, as in “Wow, you must put up with so much, and from some surprising people.” How would that hypothetical latter reaction have landed?

Eh, honestly having lived with it my entire life name calling/whatever doesn’t bother me a bit. Maybe not the best side effect is that I can be quite the dick and I know very well what buttons to push to piss someone off. Ultimately if someone comments on my last name, I’m like ok that individuals well of wit or rhetoric has hit bottom and now how long will it take for me to push them into threats of physical violence?

1 Like

I guess he’s going to have to go back to his original name, Spencer Felcher.

1 Like