Utah official pulls down teen's skirt in restaurant, arrested for sexual battery

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/29/utah-official-pulls-down-teens-skirt-in-restaurant-arrested-for-sexual-battery.html

13 Likes

I’m going to go out on a limb and guess this official’s party affliliation…

50 Likes

I’m not a lawyer but does the fact that she called out that she worked for the state (implying additional authori-tah!, under color of law) when she committed this assault add a few more charges (potentially federal charges, which even if she has friends in the Utah government may be harder to shake) to what she was originally arrested for?

It sounds to my layman’s ear that 18 USC 242 may be applicable.

22 Likes

If a young adult’s parents aren’t taking exception to how their daughter is dressed (in clothes that are in fashion right now for young women), then no one should. “I work for the State” Karen had better be facing some jail time.

@frauenfelder: The victim was 19. Please stop referring to 19 year olds as “girls”, they are women and legally adults.

39 Likes

According to a statement of probable cause, Lorenzo reported the incident herself the night it happened, telling dispatch that the teenager had her skirt “hiked above her vagina and butt,” exposing her pubic hair.

Sure, Jan. You’re claiming the woman basically had nothing on below the waist and you were the only one who noticed. OR you went through some contortions to spy on her privates.

14 Likes

She sounds like a joy to be around

/s

15 Likes

We’re only seeing events post-battery, so I don’t know what her dress was like before, but I’m going to go out on a limb and assume that wasn’t true, at all.

18 Likes

She’s 19. As long as she was legally dressed, I’ll expand that “no one” to her parents.

30 Likes

It’s Utah. That doesn’t even count as a guess.

17 Likes

Part of the emotional labor women are expected to shoulder is to not embarrass one’s parents in public, choice of outfit definitely falls within said labor. Indeed, as an adult, no one at all should be objecting to her sartorial choices.

This is a patriarchy, after all though. Karen’s motivations were entirely in enforcing it. Of course women who have internalized it are never protected from it, as Karen is soon to find out. :crossed_fingers:

19 Likes

Is this what they mean “small government”? /S

Fuck this karen. She is the only threat here, to everyone else safety. She should behind bar, registered as sex offender, and kicked out of her unearned job.

12 Likes

You know the weird little detail that shows she was just making stuff up in her head, to me?

A 19yo young woman these days is likely to not have pubic hair, whether she has waxed or shaved it off.

(And obviously, unless this Karen is an OB-GYN, there’s no way she saw a vagina.)

I wonder what this projection is really about.

29 Likes

It’s Utah, is there more than one party?

9 Likes

I imagine she felt the women’s skirt was too short, she started racing a fuss, then actually calculated how short it would have to be to justify the scene she was making, and decided to generate alternative facts to shore up her claim. Otherwise, she would be forced to admit she was wrong and apologize, and that was unthinkable.

21 Likes

That sounds about right.

6 Likes

She won’t have to be worried about being offended in prison- it’s all jumpsuits.

19 Likes

I HIGHLY doubt the details given by the official. Regardless, keep your damn hands to yourself. :confused:

8 Likes

I’ll take “things that didn’t happen” for a thousand, Alex.

14 Likes

Dollars to doughnuts that she manages to plead this down to something that does not get her declared a registered sex offender.

5 Likes

She was booked Wednesday into the Purgatory Correctional Facility in Hurricane.

Sigh!

5 Likes