VA official proudly displays KKK Grand Wizard portrait in his D.C. office, ‘I thought it was very nice’

That’s not what she said.

My late father was a Thomas. A “First Families of Virginia” Thomas.

He told me that Forrest is in the family somewhere.
OTOH, Lincoln is a cousin, too so don’t get harsh on me.

David Thomas? Probably a right-old-liar.

It gives them something fantastical to concentrate on besides their own lameness.

My fear is that this continued adoption of ignorant, mafioso, racists into political positions of power is going to drive out every reasonable person … much like what happened in the Justice Department and the NPS.

I hope that civil workers begin to stay instead of surrender. Maybe the lawsuit is one of the two ways to fight politicized organized crime.

1 Like

I will say, the print has a nice look. And for a military organization such as the VA I can see the appeal of putting it up. But if I was in his shoes, the first whiff of it being KKK related I would yell “OH SHIT” aloud and it would come down immediately.

That he did not is the part that is telling.

1 Like

Honestly, it’s kind of ugly in the first place which to me matters because no matter what he says it suggest to me he kept that ugly thing up there because he just loves terrorists, traitors, slavery, and violence against minorities. Yeeeeaaaahhhhh… Let me explain something fellow Southerners, your Confederate “heroes” are trash.

1 Like

While it’s nice and polite that they went with a petition, I feel the proper response would have been to burn it on the wall. Still. Good for them for getting it taken down.

I’m guessing his best defense would be, “I thought the horses were pretty.”

I’m hoping he’ll think his job was “just very nice” as he signs up for EDD.

They lost the war, but won the peace. Sad but true. I think (no data to back this up, mind you) that there are more monuments to and schools, parks, buildings named for, confederate heroes than to union or abolitionist heroes. Please, someone prove me wrong. The fact that I live in Virginia absolutely biases this impression, I have no doubt.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.