Venting, random

That sounds like the time I woke up at 4am at a party (not my house) and noticed a guy walk over to a coat closet, open the door, and start to take the stance. I knew he was blind drunk, incoherently wasted, so I got up, turned him around pushed him 10 feet to the other door just in time, and let him piss on the doormat, out the front door. He then got his pants up, walked past me, and passed out on the couch where I had just been.

I can almost smell the clove cigarettes.

13 Likes

Damn thatā€™s deepā€¦

my vent

10 Likes

I jinxed myself. This driver is going to get us both killed. I canā€™t understand a word heā€™s sayingg. And the car is dirty and smells. ETA. Heā€™s going 50 in a 65 ā€“ getting passed on both sides like weā€™re not even moving. Another ETA: I have a 4.7 rating. Last time I had a 5.0 so some recent driver gave me an undeserved 4. I have been an ideal customer. Aside from the uncontrollable flatulence. We just got honked at.

10 Likes

People keep trying to make me drink sweet tea.

Iā€™ve noticed more and more casual and fast-food restaurants around here serving sweetened tea and, even worse, assuming thatā€™s the default, i.e. if you donā€™t specify otherwise, you want it sweet.

I live in a part of the midwest where sweet tea is available, but not really a thing. My whole life Iā€™ve always been able to order an ā€œiced teaā€ and get plain black tea, with a slice of lemon if I ask nicely. But it seems like in the last year or two, like armadillos creeping up from Texas, sweet tea keeps infiltrating our menus (in some sort of conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids, no doubt).

And every time I encounter it, Iā€™m just exasperated that itā€™s even a question. This isnā€™t the South (although weā€™re adjacent to it). Seriously, who even drinks that stuff?

Hereā€™s literally me at the drive-through, just the day before yesterday.

MrMonkey: Iā€™ll have blah-blah-blah and an iced tea.
Drive-Through Guy: Blah-blah-blah and a sweet tea, thatā€™ll be ā€“
MM: wait no, an UN-sweetened iced tea.
DTG: Blah-blah-blah and a unsweetened tea, thatā€™ll be dollar dollars.

[MM pulls around to the window to pay.]

DTG: You had blah-blah-blah and an unsweetened iced tea?
MM: Yep, thatā€™s me. Hereā€™s your money.
DTG: Hereā€™s your change and your food. Have a nice day.
MM: Cool, thanks. You too.

[MM pulls away, unwraps his straw, inserts it into his cup, and takes a sip.]

MM: MOTHERPUSSBUCKET THEY GAVE ME SWEET TEA!!!1!

[Gagging sounds ensue.]

Itā€™s the kind of thing that makes me think they might be deliberately messing with me. But it turned out that they just didnā€™t have the heart to tell me that they were out of plain tea, and thus served me sweet tea, instead.

Thank you for letting me vent. :persevere::rage::triumph::sob::cold_sweat::stuck_out_tongue:

18 Likes

Your wife is going to be really pissed your last words were to us. On the plus though youā€™ll set a new standard for the Signs Youā€™re Addicted thread.

16 Likes

You guys donā€™t get the insurance money though.

12 Likes

With last words like that, maybe nobody will.

10 Likes

Yay, now I know exactly what to get for your birthday!

11 Likes

We made it! If thereā€™s a fatality between me and Elizabeth (where he lives I learned) Iā€™d bet even money itā€™s him. He was driving slow because of the wind he said. And now itā€™s raining so itā€™ll be even dicier for him.

6 Likes

ha! Thatā€™s cruel.
Funny. But cruel.

I donā€™t know why I dislike sweet tea so much. It just tastes wrong, like chocolate milk. Some flavors just donā€™t pair well with sugar, for my palate.

9 Likes

Well, lucky you. Always a good thing when you avoid the diabetes!

6 Likes

Nearly every day I find people netside apparently asking questions, but punctuating them with periods instead of question marks.

them: "Why not use periods."
me: ā€œAAAIIIEEEE!!!ā€

14 Likes

Nearly everyday I find people asking questions when theyā€™re really making pointed statements!

15 Likes

Well, actuallyā€¦

5 Likes

Well? Ā 

1 Like

I like pointed statements, but they are phrased differently than questions. Such as not starting with ā€œwhy/why notā€ if they are trying to be declarative.

4 Likes

I agree!

Except the pointed part. Too pokey.

3 Likes

Well, he can walk into any book, with his pony pal Pokey, too.
If youā€™ve got a heart then Gumby is a part of you.

6 Likes

My daughter pees exclusively in the potty now, which is great, she even stays dry at night. She also loves to be read to on the potty though, and sometimes this lasts a big too long, and her bum get stuck to the potty. Like this morning, when it stuck to her bum just long enough to dump her regular asleep-for-10-hours half gallon of amber stout onto the bathmat. mmmm, handwashing pee out of a bathmat at 5am while a wacky toddler does god knows what in the living roomā€¦

17 Likes

Sounds like parenthood. I have had many ā€œI canā€™t believe this is part of my lifeā€ moments!

9 Likes