Venting, random

Unsurprisingly, drive-through bottle shops are pretty common in Australia.

9 Likes

In my neighborhood in Ohio we had one across from an elementary school. Think of the children!

3 Likes

I remember seeing the perfect accessory for those places. Hang on.

There:

Defeats that pesky seat-belt warning and uncaps a fresh one.

6 Likes

Heh, I was keepingg my mouth shut, but yeah, weā€™ve still got those. Although the one that was a barn you drove through the middle of and pointed to whatcha wanted closed many years ago.

1 Like

How do you order coffee with nothing in it but coffee?

6 Likes

VA law says you can buy alcohol at stores until midnight (bars until 2AM).

Under-cover cops would go around just after 12 and try to buy it, then ticket the clerks for selling it just a few minutes lateā€¦ Most of the stores are now playing it safe by stopping sales on their own at bleeping 11 PM !

4 Likes

Black. God forbid you let anyone on the Eastern seaboard think you want it ā€œregularā€.

5 Likes

I gotta be honest, Iā€™ve never tried to drink tea in Canada. Either I avoid restaurants because I run 5-8 miles a day, or Iā€™m there on vacation and they mark us as from the US because of our booze choices.

(i.e. Knowledge of Bourbon == 'Murican. Asking what Labatt 50 is == 'Murican)

4 Likes

Knowledge of both == step away from the liquor cabinet, friend!

10 Likes

East Coast regular = two creams, two sugars.

Meanwhile I still call it regular as opposed to decaf, when what I mean to say is large French roast, black, hot.

Then I have the luck of getting the one barista there whoā€™s like a shitty NPC and asks the questions anyway: ā€œWhat size? Hot or iced?ā€ and then gets me a coffee with cream and sugar anyway :confused:

4 Likes

Apparently knowledge of seltzer water is Canadian. I got a can of seltzer somewhere in Canada and they were like, you know thatā€™s seltzer and not soda, right? Iā€™m guessing a lot of other American tourists had gotten the seltzer and complained the soda was bitter, or something.

5 Likes

Thats a ā€œdouble doubleā€ up here. :wink:

6 Likes

Further proof that Minnesota actually exists in Canada: I had no idea people elsewhere in the US donā€™t know what seltzer is.

9 Likes

Whenever I hear ā€œdouble doubleā€ my mind autocompletes ā€œanimal styleā€.

Regional differences indeed.

8 Likes

Wait, what?

(Insert stupid dad joke here)
I like my coffee like I like my women. COVERED IN BEES!!

6 Likes

Strong, and blackā€¦ and with a spoon in it!

2 Likes

I have family in South Carolina. They owned both the party store and the liquor store in town.

The party store is what I would call a liquor store here in California. It has beer, wine, chips, snacks, cigarettes, etc. Everything but liquor. The liquor store only has liquor. Its connected to the party store and they canā€™t have a sign that says itā€™s a liquor store. Only a big red circle.

6 Likes

Ripping up the same road three times at the same location in the span of 6 months. I am sick and tired of this traffic at this spot with these same stupid people who cannot drive and make simple decisions!!!

6 Likes

At the museum where I volunteer thereā€™s this interactive exhibit. Thereā€™s a whole story about what itā€™s supposed to be, but the basics are thereā€™s two stations, A and B, and you push 3 buttons on one station in a specific order, which sends a ā€œmessageā€ to activate the other station where you basically repeat the process. Thereā€™s a screen at each station which either says ā€œPress the Green Buttonā€ or ā€œProceed to Station Bā€. Each button will light up and flash when itā€™s time to push it as well.

Anyway. Words cannot express how much I hate this thing. Because no one EVER reads the instructions on it. So theyā€™ll go to one station and bang on random buttons until it lights up and makes a noise. Sometimes they hit on the button combo accidentally. Sometimes that station isnā€™t even active and it was someone else pressing buttons that made it light up and make a (loud, obnoxious) noise.

The best part is that Station A is right next to where I give one of my artifact talks. So sometimes in mid-sentence I get interrupted by FWOOOSHHH BWEEEEEEEEDEDEDEDEDEDEDEDEEEEE" which you can imagine throws off my speaking rhythm a bit.

The days I come in and that motherfucker is broken are my favorite days.

13 Likes

When I buy a pound of coffee.
ā€œIā€™d like to get a lb of french roast, as is, whole beanā€
ā€œHow do you want that ground?ā€

ą² _ą² 

4 Likes