Venting, random

A footlong isn’t even a foot long anymore.

3 Likes

I doubt any of my stories will be funny to anyone yet me, but then there is Confederacy of Dunces :grinning: The same sort of thing I love; inside jokes, backreferences, immensely flawed characters, but a final ending that is gentle is what I want to write.

So everything will be dickensian, yet short. Just the way Dickens should have wrote :sunglasses:

6 Likes

12 INCHES OF PARADISE!

1 Like

Don’t neglect your valve.

Eta

Because I took a wonderful nap, I am wide awake. The valve analogy was one of the first real, visceral talks about anxiety and comfort I had ever read. Yes, Ignatius was a jerk, and yes Myrna was self involved, but the end was such a huge sigh of relief.

Ignatius, you will always suck donuts. Myrna, you will always demonize people. And that dynamic is what made the book so damn good. Two people that needed each other, even if the reasons were unconventional.

5 Likes

I am at the moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip.

4 Likes

I hear these used to cost just a nickle.

2 Likes

1 Like

One penny per pound?

2 Likes

What size club do you need to hit those things?

4 Likes

I am in the 5-8lbs range. @Donald_Petersen is closer to 15.

Pretty sure between the two of us, it wouldn’t matter :grinning:

2 Likes

Tiger’s Wood ?

(yeah, yeah… old line :hushed:)

1 Like

Off-topic as this is a Victory, but, ya know… :slight_smile:

Finally! I got a ship date for that Thing! I can buy beer again! :beers:

7 Likes

I can listen to a podcast three times and still have my attention drift away from it at exactly the same point each time. Then they get to what’s next and it doesn’t make sense because I wasn’t listening, so I rewind and try again. Three times. :eyeroll:

9 Likes

I got 12 inches of paradise all over the place this morning.

11 Likes

That graphic says I got 8-12 inches of snow. But I can see my lawn in places. I had more snow -before- the storm.

This is a vent about weather inflation, FAKE NEWS. I’m totally fine with an ineffective March blizzard.

10 Likes

It was 78F yesterday, the cherry and plum blossoms have opened, all dogs in the neighborhood magically turned into puppies, and for some reason the Ray Charles scene from the Blues Brothers spontaneously erupted on the street.

Normal, boring March.

11 Likes

It’s raining.

Normal, boring March.

7 Likes

Lousy Smarch weather. :frowning2:

5 Likes

And get this…penny candy? Cost a penny.

4 Likes

It cost a unit of currency that no longer exists in Canada

7 Likes