VIDEO: Justin Trudeau, Emmanuel Macron, Boris Johnson discuss Trump's nutty behavior

BoJo and the rest of these guys know at this point that they can trash-talk Trump all day long, right to the camera, and either he’ll yell and scream and enact new tariffs or he’ll forget about it. Or they can kiss his ass and he’ll still yell and scream and enact new tariffs and then forget about it. It doesn’t matter either way, so why not laugh at him?

25 Likes

Yeah, but the smart kids should know better than to treat that person as a friend. The moment it suits them they’ll tell the bullies what you said. Honestly I’m annoyed at Trudeau. It’s a meeting with world leaders, you’ve got to be professional 24 hours a day.

Of course you’ve got to wonder if they were really talking about Johnson and it was only Johnson who thought they were talking about Trump… (Not really, but one can dream)

16 Likes

They know no such thing. They know they have to put up with him for 1 (or perhaps 5) more years. It’s just they’ve had 3 years of his shit and they’re sick of it. That’s how long it takes to exasperate a Canadian.

12 Likes

Normally that takes 30 years, but this is Donald we are talking about :smiley:

12 Likes

This is being discreetly professional; I imagine Trudeau didn’t start the conversation and was asked his thoughts (perhaps by Princess Anne) and gave his honest reaction. I would be happy to see Trudeau undiplomatically upbraid dRumpf to his face in front of cameras because it would wake up Americans to our dislike of the current occupant of the White House and his treatment of Canada since stealing the office.
edit: It would ‘Be Best’ if Trudeau did this next May or June so the Orange One could do something really stupid and end up tanking trade/the economy between Canada and the U.S. in time for USian voters to feel the impact of his childish destruction of everything around him. This of course would probably still be supported by Moscow Mitch and the Repubs.

6 Likes

Huh? So Elizabeth Warren can’t take oranges out of a fridge? WTFH?

4 Likes

Everybody mentions three people talking, and sure, the fourth person doesn’t say anything, but let it be known that the prime minister of the Netherlands was hanging around when they were dissing Trump. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

I don’t think Trudeau should say anything about anyone if they wouldn’t say it to the person’s face. But especially not about Trump in front of Boris Johnson. Johnson would intentionally needle Trudeau and Macron into saying mean things about Trump for the purpose of running back to Trump and saying, “You’ll never guess what they said about you.”

I get that there is only so much that other world leaders can do, but these flippant comments might literally be the end of NATO, like today. When someone leaves a huge unstable bomb in the middle of the ball room, it’s not really the time to joke about what kind of an idiot would do that. Joke about it when Trump is dead.

6 Likes

Is it just me or is the audio not working? I mean I trust the subtitles are correct, but I’d like the audio…

ETA - NVM - refreshed my browser and now the volume button works.

1 Like

…by a genius. A stable genius.

2 Likes

So many horrible people gathered together in one place and nary a God around to smite them. Sigh.

Oh, not for bad mouthing Trump. Fuck that guy. Just, these are a nice chunk of the people working to keep us miserable and themselves at the top. Them making fun of the stupid kid doesn’t improve how I feel about them. Fuck all of them.

8 Likes

Trump hasn’t just jumped the shark.

FuckTheShark

7 Likes

Like, you put the spoiler tags there, so I guess it’s my own damn fault.

11 Likes

It might be the temporary end of NATO with the U.S. in it because the insecure ‘dealmaker’ has a tantrum and lashes out, but Canada and the rest of the members would be free to continue their alliance without a complete asshat trying to rule the agenda. Any other American president will recognize that NATO has major benefits for the U.S. economy and military-industrial complex.
The EU has their own GPS system, military R&D, weapons and aircraft manufacturing capabilities. They might be better off financially by doing their own ongoing weapons development without having the American government dictate how much needs to comply with U.S. systems and trade requirements.

4 Likes

8 Likes

Yup. The only folks who would be offended, the 39% Deplorable Base, are the same assholes that made “freedom fries” a thing

3 Likes

WHEN is it going to be possible to simply state that ‘our’ president is suffering from senile dementia?

3 Likes

I think it’s more now they are directly laughing at him more than us, so… win?

3 Likes

Much ado about nothing. They were commenting that the presser went on for too long and that they were late because of it. Big deal. Trump calling Macron two-faced is him just exhibiting what a crybaby snowflake he is.

2 Likes

I figure he was trying to come up with an example of something innocent a president would be doing, but a) his brain doesn’t work, and b) he still has no idea what a president does (or legally can/should do).

1 Like