12 Likes

for “racist wet dream of a wall”.

2 Likes

For some odd reason, the tune
“Borderline” popped in my head
A Madonna song?

2 Likes

Very well done.
(Which is much more than I can say about the dreadful movie that scene came from…)

3 Likes

The best part: the stalky and inappropriate creep from the original remains a stalky and inappropriate creep.

17 Likes

Indictment Friday is coming!

8 Likes

Gotta watch the movie.

Or, alternatively, gotta be unable to watch the movie because of that scene.

13 Likes

'tis a tad creepy isn’t it?

All in all I still love that movie.

1 Like

onemore

13 Likes

I shouldn’t hate it as much as I do. It’s the equivalent of John McClane walking barefoot over broken glass. It’s a scene in a movie because we can enjoy because movies are fantasies. It’s not something that anyone should mistake for a thing you’d want to happen in real life.

5 Likes

Actually…if that were RL, I’d be grateful the worst thing a friend did was silently bear unrequited feelings for my S.O. and use flash cards to confess and move on.

You know full well if this were RL it would either be an episode of Jerry Springer or Law and Order SVU.

3 Likes

2 Likes

That’s why I compare it to Die Hard. Getting shot at by a criminal gang is a rollicking good time if you are plot-protected invincible hero, but in real life there are a range of very bad possible outcomes. In the movie this is a wonderful gesture that both parties seem to enjoy that then allows them to be happier in the future. It’s not literally impossible that showing up at someone’s door to show them cue cards confessing your love while their partner is in the other room works out well, but I’d give pretty good odds against if someone wanted to bet.

I try to remind myself, though, not to be down on romantic movies with people doing what would be creepy in real life. I may not like them, but it feels like ragging on them is one of the unconscious ways I reinforce the idea that women are less than men. A friend wrote a masters in Feminist Theory on the Twilight series, and they told me their number one takeaway after studying those books for two years is that we should stop singling out things teenage girls like for criticism.

9 Likes

Is she like legally blind in the movie? It seems weird he needed to make the signs so hilariously large.

4 Likes

And here I thought the most improbable part would have been the implied MFFF groupsex.

1 Like