Walmart parking lot bollard gives the 11 ft 8in bridge a run for its money

First album title: It’s Bollards All The Way Down

@FGD135 The music accompanying that video … well the guitar soloist shredded it. (Sorry. Not Sorry.)

We are in danger of losing a perfectly cromulent word from the language if this keeps up. (It would not have been in a queue, it would have been cued up - set to start at a pre-determined cue point.)
Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 17.25.12

Some seriously hilarious videos there. Everyone should click through. The corgi finding a solution was wonderful. ETA I’ve scrolled as far as August, now (some doozies in Sept) and am still crying with laughter. And don’t assume that all you are seeing is all there is to see … wait to the end on some - especially the floating bollards video.

From the WBA twitter feed
Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 18.02.21

I, for one, will welcome our new bollard overlords.

13 Likes

that makes me think about all those ads measuring 0 to 60 in 5.5 seconds ( or whatever.) because those cars are zipping in there fast.

you can do a lot of damage at 60 mph, or even at 30 mph. the ability to accelerate quickly might be part of the reason some of those cars in the walmart parking lot are so destroyed.

( apparently tesla’s model is is < 2 seconds; as if that were a good thing for the pedestrians of the world )

4 Likes

I’m having fun trying to pinpoint the location of this picture.

Boat storage, near train tracks, Chicago area…

If i figure it out Ill let you know :slight_smile:

7 Likes

You are correct! The river is just to the left.

7 Likes

Roughly 1833 lumber street?

7 Likes

1801 S Lumber

6 Likes

It was fun to watch them (about 6 guys) trying to direct the driver how to get the trailer off the bollard. I was waiting for the hydrant to explode. It went on for about a half an hour.One by one they all gave up. They had to call in the heavy machinery. Did not get to see that action.

5 Likes

I except your criticism with a downcast continence. I hope this doesn’t effect our relationship down the pipe.

10 Likes

Go Away GIF

11 Likes

My principal principle forces me to compliment how your response complements the discussion.

8 Likes

eric divergent imagine on Tumblr

4 Likes

The word queue is just the letter q followed by 5 silent letters.

12 Likes
7 Likes

I was thinking, “aren’t most A-pillars angled, so you should be able to see something vertical?” but I guess from the driver’s seat the driver’s side A-pillar is mostly vertical.

Sure, the pole is probably harder to see because it is narrow, so is this on the bingo sheet: Make the bollard wider or group some in a 2-3 foot triangle/square/pentagon/circle so at least one can be seen around an A-pillar.

Personally, I’d like to see a miniature merry go round spinning around on top of the bollard. This time of year, they could decorate it like a Christmas tree.

3 Likes

Ah, I think I hit the paywall before I could get a sense of his reporting.

1 Like

Well, apparently it’s 5 silent letters, one of which is invisible to the rest of us. Or maybe it’s just 4. :man_shrugging: :wink:

5 Likes

Once you notice that A-pillar blindness is a thing, it’s interesting and surprising to see exactly how much of your field of view is getting blocked. It’s more than you think! (Lately I’ve been experimenting with reference points that get hidden behind my A-pillar; for instance, it can fully obscure the neighbor’s 3-foot by 4-foot window when I park in my driveway.)

And the amount blocked by the right pillar is even moreso, though this is usually less of a risk in everyday driving (with the sometimess tragic exception of completely blocking line-of-sight to a bicyclist coming from the right at an intersection, as @tcg550 alludes to).

3 Likes

I have a background in Human Computer Interaction, so I am familiar with all those principles. I don’t think they apply here, personally, but we’re all judging the situation from a handful of photos at weird angles so none of us can say with any authority where the issues lie.

1 Like

@ClutchLinkey is going to make a field trip for us and resolve this once and for all

11 Likes

Can’t wait for the photos.

4 Likes