Watch a Fox News presenter cry because her co-hosts won't agree there are good nazis

I honestly don’t know whether it would be worse if he were alt-right/far-right/white nationalist, or if he’d just been cynically stirring them up to use as a political power base, “useful idiots” style.

6 Likes
4 Likes

Is this the “far right” as opposed to the “alt-right”?

2 Likes

This is how you turn a conservative. Every time I have, you have to point out their cluelessness topped with a huge dollop of hypocrisy until they cry. I am not being hyperbolic or flippant. This is my actual experience from doing it multiple times.

The crying is their response to elicit empathy from your liberalness for their utterly wrongheaded idea. (Empathy they rarely afford anyone else.) ‘But but but, I’m not bad!’ When you do not provide it, they hit rock bottom, and it’s only up from there to returning to a state of empathetic humanity aware that they are wrong.

8 Likes

Fascist leaders, obsessed as they are with power and hierarchy and superiority, all have private contempt for their weak-willed Know-Nothing supporters. That comment only solidifies my opinion that he’s Mr. Alt-Right.

11 Likes

It works with public health, too; remember the response to DisneyMeasles?

Never underestimate the power of righteously withering contempt.

Being nice to fascists just projects the message that their views are within acceptable bounds. They need to be met with ferocious hostility at all times.

6 Likes

He’s certainly with them ideologically; but that doesn’t necessarily require him to not be facepalming in disgust at the pitiful specimens he is stuck sharing an ideology with.

If your fantasies are full of snappily uniformed stormtroopers brimming with teutonic efficiency and industrial might; I can imagine that having to watch the people you can actually scrape out of the bottom of the barrel at work is pretty depressing.

15 Likes

Yup.

Remember the fate of the Sturmabteilung.

3 Likes

Maybe she just really loves America sooo much.

9 Likes

Useful losers, sure.

As soon as they’ve no longer useful, I’m sure his to-do list has “Night of the Long Knives or maybe a Bus?”

5 Likes

So this is the problem. Trump said “there were people there just to protest removing the statue”. So people like her glom onto that. In her mind THOSE were not neo nazis or white supremacists, they were peaceful people defending southern heritage.

But no one is saying let’s outlaw fried chicken or bourbon. This isn’t about southern heritage. This is about symbols of hate and racism. Symbols of those who stood against and took up arms against the United States and the constitution. You see any statues of Mao, Hitler, Mussolini, or the Kaiser around?!? After the American revolution did we erect statues of red coats or Cornwallis?

What she needs to be told and others like her. Is that like nearly everything trump says THAT WAS A LIE. Every person there was a damn nazi and supports white supremacy. There is no tolerance for that. At all. ZERO.

Clearly having statues aren’t helping you remember what the south did during the civil war. What they wanted and stood for.

Clearly having NO statues sure isn’t helping you remember what nazis did during the 1930’s and 40’s. What they stood for. And the 6 million people who were systematically ethnically cleansed in the name of racial purity.

What people like her need to do is open a god damn book and get edumacated.

19 Likes

"Hey we’re just asking for concentration camps, like Sachsenhausen, ( Sachsenhausen concentration camp - Wikipedia ) not death camps like Treblinka ( Treblinka extermination camp - Wikipedia ) "

1 Like

The Nazi-apologists keep framing this as a debate about the statue.

Nah, that was just a coat-rack issue for the Boys from the Bund to hang their Nazi Pride March on. Show me one person in that mess who was peacefully standing there, maybe with a sign like “Hands Off Our History!”, handing out pamphlets, with a petition, and trying to convince fellow citizens to keep the statue.

Sure those people exist, and they write letters to the city, try legal action to delay the removal, but I really doubt any of those people were there on Saturday, or stayed once they saw who “their” side was.

16 Likes

17 Likes

That’s been my point. Once any protestors stuck around, the threw their lot in with those who venerate the perpetrators of forced labor and genocide in the 20th century, not just the 19th century.

4 Likes

Anyone who actually came for the preservation of a symbol of the RenFaire Confederacy* lost the game the moment that they heard the chanting of “Jews will not replace us!” and “Blood and Soil!” and didn’t walk away quickly.

• The mythological Confederacy where everyone was a Gentleman or Lady of the True South, no one was poor, and slavery was an unfortunate detail that would be rude to mention. /s
10 Likes

220px-1900sc_SM_Dixie

Yup.

10 Likes

Unfortunate? They loved being slaves servants!

4 Likes

And as it should be. You’re supporting a white nationalist ideology, that is an objectively bad thing, that is a thing that, by some assessments, puts us at a nearly 40% risk of a civil war within the next ten years.

You can bet your crocodile tears that you’ll be judged now, and in the future. While the rest of us are trying to make the world a safer, fairer place, a minority of loudmouth bigots are trying to drag us to the past.

It’s almost poetic in a way–people have been longing for the “halcyon days of the 1950’s” and well, they got the 1950’s alright, they just forgot how much of a total fucking shit-show it was. It wasn’t “Leave it to Beaver” it was racism, sexism, bigotry, and violence. It was destitute poverty, and rural people isolated almost completely from the rest of the world. There’s nothing idyllic about that.

13 Likes

Sort of:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/03/world/europe/tourists-still-drawn-to-tomb-of-mussolini-il-duce-in-italy.html