Watch a Fox News presenter cry because her co-hosts won't agree there are good nazis

My reply to “but, but, but I’m not a bad person!” is always… yes, you are. Now you have a choice. Be good or fuck off.

8 Likes

This is an irrelevant point. We are not talking about monuments or statues in another country. We are talking about here in the US.

Please do not derail the conversation as it detracts and muddled the point of it. If you do not have something to contribute then don’t.

Seems like the perfect location for a grand urinal.

So the woman is crying because people are so negative on nazi’s and she feels like she’s being judged? So she’s a nazi, right?

I don’t really think that’s true (I wouldn’t be surprised if it was) but it just amazes me how she’s so worried about being judged. We get judged for everything we do all the time. Some people who you barely even think are people are going to judge you negatively for saying you barely think they are people, and that is getting you choked up? Because if Nazis don’t like me, I could imagine being scared, but I’m not going to be sad.

This conversation reminded me of this “light-hearted” bit expressing a similar idea.

I get why you don’t want to call someone “the black woman”. At the same time it’s certainly not a coincidence that people in racial minorities have clearer perspectives on racism. I find myself a lot more attentive to what the non-white members of political discussions have to say because it’s consistently more insightful.

12 Likes

There’s nothing whatsoever bad about being judged on what you say. As opposed to say being judged by the color of your skin.

7 Likes

You shouldn’t badmouth robots like that.

2 Likes

… which included the claims that he would oust his rivals in the federal government, who were “wetting themselves” …

I do believe Mr. Bannon is getting a wee bit terrified.

2 Likes

A certain version of it

2 Likes

I think that nudging those people into the crowd with the hard core racists is the overweening goal of the “alt right.” That is, I think, what the organizers mean by “Unite the right.” Their torch light vigil on Friday might have helped. Saturday’s clusterf**k, with street fighting between armed Nazis and counter protestors and dead and injured people, and one individual arrested for murder has hopefully set back that agenda considerably. Quiet bigots might be willing to wear khaki pants and a polo shirt and whine about discrimination against whites, but they really aren’t hoping to start a racewar with tons of bodies a la The Turner Diaries. At least I hope not.

Edited to add…All of that was a rather long winded way of saying that “Unite the Right” is really a code phrase for “Unite the White.” Now I’m picturing a “Letterman” cartoon where he exposes the Nazis by removing the “W” off of his sweater and suddenly all the preppy looking white polo shirts are replaced by Nazi uniforms, and the “rebel flags” turn into swastikas.

6 Likes

IKR?
It’s so confusing, I’m worried I’ll say something inappropriate like “fart-right” or “fault-right”!

2 Likes

And right there is the root of many problems in America.

6 Likes

The torch “vigil” was where they were chanting “Jews will not replace us”. I think that anyone who came in favor of keeping the statue but stayed after that didn’t need any nudging.

10 Likes

*lmao @ the fact that she actually broke out “the Wop.

Join the FUN!

5 Likes

I don’t think it’s all that irrelevant. It’s important to see how other countries handle memorials and use that to help figure out what works for us.

I find it blindingly obvious that we need to have monuments to battles and memorials to those who fought and died in them. We need them to remind us of that terrible period so that we can keep it from happening or be ready to fight if it happens again.

There should be one specific memorial for each Confederate figure and that is their gravesite. It’s important to know that these people lived and died and what they stood for, not to glorify them but to remind us that people do terrible things.

But above all else, to hell with monuments to the Confederacy. No glory for losers and traitors.

3 Likes

Yup. If these people had any follow through to their synchronized chanting, they’d study up, get law degrees, and take over the Charlottesville ACLU.

This quote from Incredible Mr. Ripley really stuck with me:

Well, whatever you do, however terrible, however hurtful, it all makes sense, doesn’t it, in your head. You never meet anybody that thinks they’re a bad person.

7 Likes

(sobs) why can’t I espouse my hateful views without people disliking me

13 Likes

I totally had a Freudian slip the first time I was talking about the rally and said Unite the White. It just seems so obvious.

2 Likes

It’s interesting to me that people don’t dwell on the name much. You’d think that people would want to say, “These people said this was about uniting the right, I consider myself right wing and they do not represent the values of the right.” I mean, why is it that nazis thought that the right was theirs to unite? Conservatives push back against claims of “right-wing extremism” by saying “that was a lone nutcase” not by saying, “those are no the values of conservatives.”

8 Likes

Yeah, it’s the shows. E.g. Tucker Carlson with his whole, “Slavery: NBD, all the cool kids were doing it!”

And shows that bring people on to “debate” Trump’s Charlottesville handling, only to find that the host is the only one supporting Trump’s position.

10 Likes