Watch: Amazing illegal rave on London tube train surprises passengers

Nobody got beaten up and arrested on false pretenses? What kind of cops are those, anyway?

9 Likes

10 Likes

That second one would be Daenerys Targaryn’s bike if she were a real person in our universe!

5 Likes

I bet you’re that guy who wouldn’t let the boys open the window and made Ringo turn off his radio.

18 Likes

[quote=“noahdjango, post:15, topic:98938”]you can just go thru the door to another car.[/quote]I expect anything remotely resembling a rave would require traversing several cars in order to escape.

Suddenly I am reminded of Snowpiercer, but alas, there is no clip limited to that particular scene.

2 Likes

Thank you for posting a well-written rejoinder, (I was restraining myself mightily from far less kind responses!)

4 Likes

What is Clark Kent doing in the background, and why is he even there?

7 Likes

I personally would enjoy this greatly and I am a huge fan of ImprovEverywhere type stuff.

However: my teenage son, who has sensory challenges particulary affecting his auditory sense, would have a severe panic attack/traumatic episode if this happened during his train ride. He would literally be unable to get up and go to another carriage.

Note that subway rides, while noisy, are something he is acclimated to and comfortable with. So I am sympathetic to the “not in a confined space” POV.

5 Likes

It wasn’t United Airlines, though.

(I know this is derailing a bit but I am still so annoyed about that. Having seen white American racism against Vietnamese close up, unsurprised but still very angry.)

5 Likes

This was also the Bakerloo line where the trains are tiny, so tiny that when I lived in London my claustrophobia prevented me from using it except at very off-peak times. It’s not quite Tokyo, but often it is impossible to move and people have to get out at stops to let other people get out. The London Underground was one of the reasons I moved to the country.

2 Likes

Not on the Tube you can’t. On most Tube trains, the doors between cars are emergency exits that aren’t safe to use while the train is moving. The exceptions are the new trains on the sub-surface lines (Circle/H&C/District/Metropolitan) which don’t have doors between cars at all.

6 Likes

Who/what are/is they/that?

2 Likes

Dancing? Because Sprockets?

3 Likes

Oh, my sweet summer child! Let me drop some pop cultural knowledge on you that will enrich your life!

11 Likes

Not that British cops are perfect. Mark Thomas said that his experience was that the UK police were 25% friendly, 50% just doing their job and would rather be doing something else, and 25% arseholes who enjoy wielding their power over people.

7 Likes

OK. Had not heard of that.
I’m more familiar with unpopular culture. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I just assumed it was Jarvis Cocker

3 Likes

I think it’s Kyle MacLachlan, actually.

4 Likes

Interesting. I have studied this on YouTube.

It appears to be the only amusing thing Mike Meyers has ever done.

5 Likes

8 Likes