Watch: Amazing illegal rave on London tube train surprises passengers

4 Likes

Aw, Bosom Buddies! How did no one figure their scam out!

5 Likes

According to others here, if he doesn’t like it, he should just go to a different car. Don’t harsh on their freedom of expression man, they’re just chasing their bliss. You don’t like it, that’s your problem.

1 Like

Because we didn’t have laws allowing God-fearing Americans to perform genital inspections at public restrooms, that’s why! —Republicans, probably

7 Likes

Do people have the right to annoy people on the internet? Because your crummy attitude is annoying the heck out of me.

Seriously, lighten-up and let people enjoy life (and their usually dreary commutes). There are plenty of subway cars; there looks to be three dozen or so people on the carriage, and a lot more on the platforms that got a kick out of the whole experience.

6 Likes

Huh. I always thought that Meyers was parodying someone / something more specific, not just general West German-ness.

1 Like

Yeah, it seems like it could have been based on an individual.

2 Likes

Presumably people they met in West Berlin back in the day, but maybe not anybody famous that Wikipedia could identify?

Meyers wanted to turn Sprockets into a movie series at one point, like Austin Powers, but he couldn’t come up with a good script.

That might support the “not based on anybody specific” theory.

1 Like

For those being a little harsh on such a prank, it was around 11pm on a Monday night, so not exactly commute time - plenty of people heading home from bars and the like:

And you can see from the Twitter responses that the Transport Police were getting a lot of support for how they handled it.

6 Likes

Have you seen THIS?

3 Likes

No.

Are you endorsing it, or warning me away?

1 Like

It’s a lot easier to walk away from internet comments than a subway train…

I get why people like this ImprovEverywhere shit. Personally, I have a strong dislike for it, especially in enclosed spaces. I like the people who come on the train and play a tune at a reasonable volume on guitar, keyboard or violin or something, but loud, car-filling stuff is pretty invasive. Subway dancing that requires people to physically move from their spot, and puts feet in their face? Uhhh, go away, please.

I’m a big fan of opt-in entertainment (especially as opposed to no-way-to-opt-out entertainment) If your commute needs cheering, stop and listen to a busker on the platform, where others can walk on by if they’re not in the mood. Not everyone is just sitting around waiting for a party to happen all the time. A lot of people like peace and quiet, especially during a part of their day that they hate. There are plenty of opportunities in the world to seek out entertainment and festivity that it doesn’t have to be foisted on the unsuspecting.

1 Like

Oh, so it’s exactly like Austin Powers then.

2 Likes

I remember being amused when I saw it. It was a long time ago.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.