Watch: Angry gentleman shoots out the tires and engine of more than one AT&T truck

Won’t somebody think of the vehicles!

2 Likes

Explain to me again how owning a gun helps protect people.

11 Likes

An arrest report states that Jove was angry because he feared that the trucks would damage the pavers on his driveway, even though the trucks were parked in front of the driveway, not on it. Zogby said the workers told Jove that they would move as soon as possible, but needed to finish their work first and that they were parked on a public street.

7 Likes

Then where were you?

5 Likes

Won’t somebody think of the possibility of ricochets when shooting firearms towards a large metal box.

7 Likes

Florida police pulled up to the incident while he was still shooting, and still were miraculously able to not shoot him? He seems very lucky for a whitey. An Australian accent away from certain death.

14 Likes

Well, he’s white.

9 Likes

“Florida Man…”

1 Like

If it would have been Joerg Sprave he would have been shooting one of his slingshots at them.

1 Like

I’m sure the police arrived in short order and promptly began shooting any black men in the area.

6 Likes

Angry gentleman with actual revolver better pray no one calls the cops, because they will shoot him dead.

Angry old white Florida Man, whose lawn extends to 11. “Get off my lawn!”

You’ve had your six.

nope, he’s white…

5 Likes

I think the basic deal is clear:

The gunman was used to having social status as a retired white man and former firefighter, and thus used to getting his way. He saw something he didn’t like in his perceived territory - the street in front of his house.

He was very politely (and correctly) told he couldn’t immediately have his way, and that the street in front of his house was actually not his territory. If I were to guess from the caller’s voice, he was told this by a black man.

This gave the retired adult a childish rage, and he felt he had to strike out at something. So he took his gun to hurt the trucks - the visual symbol of his imagined public humiliation and loss of status, at not being able to get his way in his territory.

This is the power that guns have to magnify problems. If the man were just a little more unhinged he could have shot people.

This is also the same mindset that can make HOAs nightmares. Perceived territory fucks with people’s minds and it seems to overlap quite a bit with perceived social status. And racism, sexism and homophobia all plug in to perceived social status also.

Edit: corrected double negative description of doubly negative behavior.

11 Likes

THAT’S what whitewalls are for… Now I understand.

5 Likes

To be fair, it does look like they are blocking his driveway. But how addled do you have to be to think that shooting the vehicle is going to help?

1 Like

I’m just glad none of the techs got injured or worse, regardless of how i feel about AT&T as a company. Also i bet this old guy must be a joy to have as a neighbor.

4 Likes

The word gentleman has had a long, strange trip.

6 Likes

"A Hialeah police sergeant who responded to the scene said he witnessed Jove firing a shot at one of the workers who was elevated while working on a cable inside a bucket truck.

Police said Jove missed and the worker was not injured."

…And THERE’S your felony, assault with a deadly weapon.

13 Likes