Watch: Arizona man so outraged over people wearing masks he has to be carted out of store, toddler-style

Nah. There’s other people to do that. But he’s NOT DEPENDENT MIND.

“I DON’T FAWKN PAY TAXES CAUSE THE FAWKIN GOVERNMENT ARE CROOKS AND DON’T DO NUTHIN FER ME. AIN’T NO BUSINESS I HAVE WITH THE GOVERNMENT, THEY HAVE NO BUSINESS WITH ME.”

He says after his free government provided telemedicine appointment, and then takes his free government provided blood pressure meds. He tells me over the government built internet.

4 Likes

I think in the end we will find a ton of people whose strokes and embolisms are directly connected to Covid. There are a lot of weird blood clotting issues involved with the disease, and without respiratory symptoms, they weren’t being tested. When the statistics for this year come out, I think we are going to see particular causes of death that skyrocketed and weren’t counted.

8 Likes

Yeah, I have no doubt about that. My wife’s family is protected in part because they’re in sparsely populated areas, but that is no guarantee and likely won’t last. I am more worried about my mother-in-law, who is in a nursing home, but as far as we can tell the nursing home management has taken this seriously from the start.

1 Like

That’s a good thing. We have seen upticks in rural counties, but part of the problem is emergent cases are being sent to the larger trauma centers, so there’s a question as to whether the numbers were being assigned to the right county in previous months.

Take care, there a lot of the old folks out in the country that may let things go too long to get to the hospital. I wish you all the best.

1 Like

I was in line at the local CA DMV the other day. You had to show up hours before it opened and try to secure one of the 200 walk in slots available. I wore a mask while outside as did 99.9% of other people. The line began to move after 1 1/2 hours and I had to respectfully request that the younger couple* behind me maintain their distance instead of the 18" that they were keeping.

There is a lot of stuff we don’t know about this virus, and I’m not going to gamble that I may be one of the lucky people who have mild symptoms. I agree with @DukeTrout: People need to wear a mask when they are anywhere near other people and they need to keep their distance–inside and outside.

*“Gentleman” behind them tried to tell me it was all a hoax and asked me, “You don’t believe the government, do you?” I told him that I believe the government over some random crackpot who’s standing in line at the DMV. It was the first time he’d been quiet all morning. :smirk:

7 Likes

That’s kind of a confusing question. Which government? Crackpots like himself are also believing the government. Just not the government that governs.

Makes me wonder if they don’t actually see Trump as “Government”, rather as some friendly uncle who wanders into press conferences to set the record straight, or something.

9 Likes

In California, this means Newsom.

4 Likes

This is a depressingly likely explanation, although to be fair, I don’t consider him an actual president either, so I guess we’re even on that.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.