Watch as Presidential burger recipients note the absurdity

Bravo!

(that is enough letters)

I didn’t even have an employment contract at this job. It was a small “family business”. They did give a $10K bonus one year, which is cool when you are 20, but really they should have made my normal pay better.

5 Likes

The place I was working probably should have done that too. Went fucking broke working there, then they laid me off as part of some sort of corporate deal sealing restructuring thing that never ended up happening.

But at least they knew how to fucking fake it.

That would send scavenging seagulls flying up, up, and away.

1 Like

That’s much like one Vet hospital I worked for where we all had to come in and clean (paid) on a saturday we couldn’t open because the annual armed forces day parade was happening. It also meant we’d be trapped in the hospital, and wouldn’t be able to head out for lunch. The boss’ wife (also the manager [never a good thing]) was puffing about the place for weeks telling us that they’d buy lunch, we didn’t have to worry about it, yadda yadda. We thought “hmm, maybe pizza, or if we’re lucky, that great mexican restaurant around the corner”.

Nope. Kids sack lunches from the local grocery store deli. Mrs. Manageress was very proud of the fact that they only cost her $2 each, and they were such a great deal. Meanwhile, we’ve been moving equipment around (every try to move an x-ray machine?) and scrubbing floors. Everyone was pissed that they skimped, and we were all to get a tuna sandwich made of a single piece of bread cut diagonally (really 1/2 sandwich), an apple, and a tiny kidlet size box of apple juice. The sandwiches started to pile up in the middle of the break room. When our dear manager walked back in, I was making a big scene of thanking everyone for their sandwiches, eating all of them, and then washing them down with 3 of the apple juices. “Oh, everyone thought that the food wouldn’t be enough, so they’re just going to wait until later to eat, but I was hungry, so they gave me their sandwiches. There’s extra apples and juice though if you want some. (Big innocent smile).”.

That’s where I learned that if you want a successful business, you take care of your employees, and build loyalty and dedication.

8 Likes

We can expect trump to defend this bonehead classless move by claiming he boosted their ratings. Watch for this:

Trump: “Ron McDonald, you know him. Big important guy. He called me. He said, sir, we’ve never had this much publicity.And the king of Burgeria–the Burger King–he called me too. They both were crying tears of happiness, They said, our sales are going through the roof. Thank you President Trump.”

3 Likes

Ah, you see that’s where you’re not being republican enough:

“What good is loyalty and dedication if you can’t exploit it for free labor, goods and services?”

4 Likes

Do you know what state Clemson is in?

2 Likes

This guy looks pretty excited.

8 Likes

Perfect. Randy would be on that like shit on shinola, hahaha. Ricky would think its a feast.

1 Like

But the steak would be overcooked and slathered in ketchup! Such a tough choice!

2 Likes

A “sir” story with tears. Well done.

2 Likes

I’m going to take that as one of the biggest compliments I’ve been paid recently.

4 Likes

D.C. has the highest concentration of really good burger joints I have ever seen. Lots of places that are quick but a step up from the national chains. Honestly I never ate so many good burgers as when I visited D.C.

Making it even more pathetic that he went out of his way for the shittiest possible burgers.

2 Likes

Yep, it checks out: https://boingboing.net/2010/03/30/recaptioning-new-yor.html

Very impressed here by the generosity of our self-proclaimed $10B POTUS.
And seriously: Really, the Trump shutdown prevented the White House staff from doing something appropriate. As always, appreciative of the media’s great reporting on this. I mean, doesn’t everyone watch mainstream news for the BS and to end up less informed?

It was said several times and he definitely isn’t saying “thank you sir” because who would he be saying it to?

It was work, why wasn’t it done on a work day?

Well Kubrick did cut a food fight from Dr Strangelove.

1 Like

If it was so underwhelming, why did they eat an average of 8.3 hamberders per athlete?

Checkmate, libs.