Watch as the Ghostbusters franchise gets even more fractured

2 Likes

That little teaser makes it clear just how much movies rely on music and sound design. It’s a big part about what makes them memorable… but I wonder how much mileage you can actually get before audiences get tired of recycled memories.

4 Likes

So remind me again what would happen if you shot a grumpy old guy in a rubber ghost mask and glowing paint with a proton pack?

2 Likes

This is a bloody terrible idea, but who ya gonna call?

7 Likes

hqdefaultt

10 Likes

Oh won won ayt, nyn nyn nyn! Ayt ayt won nyn nyn! Nyn won won nyn sev’n two foyv… three!

4 Likes

It’s really easy to remember, isn’t it?

2 Likes

I dunno, is Dan Ackroyd going to get another ghost blowjob? Because that really made the first film. /s

Personally, I have fond memories of the original Ghostbusters but it’s not a film that has aged well, and I rather suspect that a lot of those memories are getting confused with the Real Ghostbusters cartoon (turns out on re-watch Slimer’s barely in the film).

On the other hand, I really enjoyed the update. I thought it was funny and smart and played with the original whilst still honouring it. Not all the characterisation was great, especially Kristen Wiig who suffered from having to be all things to all plot devices, but Kate McKinnon was awesome and I could have watched an entire film of just her. I think it’s sad that all the man-boy whining and crying means we’re not going to get to see where they could have taken it.

5 Likes

“The Wiig/Jones/McCarthy/McKinnon film was genius!”

genius isn’t the word i would use. the actors might have worked well together but the movie was absolutely terrible.

7 Likes

Without Harold Ramis’ Egon Spengler , why even bother trying to reunite the OG cast?

Doesn’t sound like they are - at least, not with substantial roles.

What I’ve heard is that it’ll be a new set of characters - four young’uns (like teenage, even), who have taken over the job from the previous characters. So it’s supposed to be in continuity with the first two movies but suggests minor roles for the original cast at best.
But the whole thing feels like a scam - they’ve got a trailer but no cast yet. I don’t even know if they have a script or funding, either… it’s like they’re trying to raise enthusiasm so they can convince someone to give them the money to make it.

Yeah, he’s been saying that for years (when Bill reportedly was nixing the idea at the same time); it didn’t seem related to anything about the new movie.

Yeah, she was the only memorable bit of that entire movie for me. (Feig’s movies generally leave me cold - he’s part of a whole style of modern comedy that does nothing for me.) But I liked McKinnon and just for that I’m sorry they’re not doing more.

Yeah, I re-watched it recently and… it wasn’t all that I remembered.

7 Likes

i don’t think we will ever see ‘beetlejuice goes hawaiian’.

2 Likes

Ghostbustersbusters?

7 Likes

6 Likes

Things that were bad in Ghostbusters 2016:

• The musical number
  • The proton weapons
  • Ghostbusters logo being the final ghost

Things that were not bad in Ghostbusters 2016:

• Everything else

I always thought Jason Reitman was hella over-rated, if he ends up taking this film in a decisive act of lazy Hollywood legacy hire bullshit, I will feel vindicated.

It wasn’t amazing… but absolutely terrible? Bitch please that movie is far from that and I really do know of what I speak when it comes to terrible cinema.

11 Likes

Scooby-Doo? Four teens, cool car, fighting supernatural threats…

4 Likes

Talk about a missed opportunity. Well, missed opportunity for an interesting story versus being lazy and essentially rehashing the original movie.

2 Likes

piece o’ cake: there are these two parallel universes,see? One where everyone has goatees and is evil and are Bill Murray, and the other something something Kate McKinnon; also explains two warring animated versions. But, alas, it’s all for naught as Harold Ramis is not even a ghost in either [sad green slimer face emoji]

5 Likes

Oh sheesh, yeah. What I read was that it was going to be two boys and two girls, but no word about any dogs, though. It may very well turn out to be Scooby Doo with proton packs.

2 Likes
2 Likes