WATCH: Asked about 2nd-term priorities, Donald Trump goofs bigly on Hannity

More than that, he longs for the pomp and adulation that his dictator buddies enjoy, like cheering crowds everywhere and bigly military parades.

3 Likes

I’m getting the same vibe, but I wonder how much of that is me fantasizing. He basically just winged it the first campaign and got victories one after the other, now he’s having sparsely attended rallies, horrible poll numbers, and the continuation of his COVID nightmare despite constantly trying to make it go away with words (and little more.) It’s like someone giving up a game when they’re getting crushed, “I’m not gonna win anyway, so screw it.”

4 Likes

He doesn’t want the job, but he also doesn’t want to lose. Something’s gonna give, and I hope it’s not the US.

11 Likes

He done trashed that already. Now McConnell is packing the courts because he’s smart enough to see the writing on the wall. 2/3 majority for a court appointee should never have been abandoned. Shame on you (D) for doing it thinking the (R) wouldn’t one-up it for SCOTUS.

2 Likes

You know, if his words came from anyone not named Donald Trump, you’d say from experience that this must be either a senile, racist old man, or an entitled five year old bully. In either case, you’d say just ignore him and send him on his way. But because he’s Donald Trump, he gets all the attention he craves but doesn’t deserve.
I hope on January 21st, the media never mentions him again or publishes his tweets. Let his name be stricken from history.

2 Likes

I think it’s Putin who roped a dope.

I was thinking about that this morning…assuming Biden wins and Dems take back majority in Senate. If they had the spine, couldn’t they try the ol’ court packing strategy that Roosevelt did. Not just for SCOTUS but for all the federal courts where far-right Trump judges have been appointed over the last few years. Simply add 3 more judges to each court and ram through equally liberal justices to counter-balance the conservatives.

Of course the Repugs would scream bloody murder but what’s sauce for the goose and all… we’re basically dealing with scorched Earth politics anyway so might as well use it to balance things back out.

Now if only the Democratic party had the cajones to do something like this… a feller can only dream.

7 Likes

Even Trump doesn’t think we’ll of his re election chances.

He’s president, which is why we need to pay attention to him. What he says and does has a material impact on the lives of millions of human beings. Not all of us have the luxury to ignore him, because we’re directly impacted by what he does. :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

All the people around him who admitted he didn’t expect to become president and was shocked when it happened. All the times during his presidency when he talked about the sacrifices he was making to be president, with resentment in his voice…

Yeah, that struck me at the time, when, within a few days, he claimed to have total power but also no responsibility.

Back in April, I read about how Trump had gone back to planning his fantasy parade for this 4th of July, with the military - the plan previous rejected for being far too expensive. There’s been almost no news about it since, except that it’s costing some multiple of last year’s event, so presumably it’s still going ahead, despite the worsening pandemic. Although he started planning this months ago, before his poll numbers took the dive, I suspect even then he saw it as possibly his last chance to live out his dictator fantasy.

4 Likes

He surely didn’t want it in the first place. The difference this time is that he knows he’s likely to go to jail once he’s no longer President.

4 Likes

Maybe he knows this. It’s really hard to be certain what has sunk into that addled cesspool that passes for his mind. I imagine his co-conspirators remind him periodically, though.

He would rather die in Bethesda than in Leavenworth. We shall see.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.