Watch Canadian QAnoners attempt to place police officers under arrest

Alpha base! We have fleshy-headed mutants in sector 16B, eh.

4 Likes
3 Likes

I don’t know the specific steps around a Citizen’s Arrest ™ but presumably the citizen is just detaining someone until they can eventually hand them over to… the police??? Unless there are networks of Citizen’s Jails and Citizen’s Courts where these kinds of issues would be resolved impartially? Lol

7 Likes

My god that was a refreshing start to the week. All those little kids playing make believe in their adult appearing bodies. The police being forever baddies didn’t want to play, didn’t offer another make-believe game, just took their dumbasses to the ground and off to jail. No shot fired, just cops doing a job that, for once, needed to be done. All those precious qtots trotted off to big people jail. Just the thing to start my week. Reality that wasn’t ugly just kind of dumb. Those Qkids are something else.

8 Likes

That’ll be Alfie Bass Who played a Jewish Vampire in an entirely forgettable (except for that bit) Hammer Horror film.

9 Likes

The “sovereign citizen” idiocy knows no borders. (Literally. They don’t understand how borders work.)

15 Likes

Super cheap food. It’s like when all cult leaders feed their flock - the food is dirt cheap because the leader’s squirreling away money for themselves. Either that, or they really don’t have that much spare cash.

5 Likes

The real pro cult leaders make sure it’s low-protein gruel.

4 Likes

There’s a cheaper alternative…
Krusty_Brand_Imitation_Gruel

6 Likes

Oh, they understand them just fine when it’s “those” people wanting to cross. They just don’t think borders apply to them.

8 Likes

I have no idea what that looks like.

It seemed this crowd was part nutters and part sane people telling the nutters to stop being nutters. But almost impossible to tell which was which and who was shouting what.

So, in future I’d be grateful if they’d all don football shirts in the colours of their team before these fixtures, so we know who to root for and who to boo. /s

3 Likes
9 Likes

They’ve got a series of uniforms. Their colors are white and purple, and so you’ll often see them wearing white ball caps and white and purple track suits, or purple jackets, or similar, waving purple banners. “Queen” Didulo herself sometimes dresses like that, sometimes she wears weirdly cut suits right out of the 80s, but the entire vibe is that of ritualized uniforms, controlled language/lingo, and of course an unquestionable authority figure. If it’s not a “cult” by the strictest definitions, it’s definitely cult-adjacent. I believe sociologists call these “high-conformity groups” now.

7 Likes

Yah, QAnon is the weirdest of US cultural exports. People go on about amendments, fly Gadsden flags, and wear garb from US politicians. It’s really bizarre. Just a collection of symbols thrown together as some sort of identity? I don’t understand it at all. At a biker bar the other day, I saw a Harley with Canadian plates on it and a Trump flag on the back. Here in Canada. WTF?! You want him here too or something?

Like at the end of this video, the guy starts chanting “masons” over and over, presumably referring to that other very old American conspiracy theory.

Luckily it’s still small here and mostly confined to Ontario, but sadly I’m sure it will spread.

12 Likes

FWIW, Canada in general (the RCMP especially and many municipal forces) have been taking the lessons from south of the border seriously. There is a lot of deescalation and racial sensitivity training happening. They are very concerned about losing the public’s trust the way American law enforcement has.

That’s not to say it always goes great. There have been plenty of bad interactions with First Nations people especially, but there has also been a noticeable increase in disciplinary action against officers. Still work to do and far from perfect, but their hearts are in the right place, I think. Then again, I’m white, so take that with a big grain of salt.

14 Likes

Hockey jerseys, eh? These people are Canadians.

7 Likes

Trusting the plan, these QAnoners believed police officers would obey the command, “stand down, you are under citizens arrest.” They expressed surprise when the police officers not only didn’t do as they were told, but turned the tables and arrested them.

That’s the thing about sovcits. The idea of a vast conspiracy to take their rights away isn’t nearly as crazy as the idea that said conspiracy can be halted in its tracks my muttering some magic words. Even if you regard the law as a bunch of magic incantations, (as many do) the idea that that magic would work on the average cop rather than just on judges in court is the height of silly.

11 Likes

No kidding. Where I live, a few years ago (okay, a few years before Covid) a cop was sent out to deal with a Sovereign Citizen who was causing problems in a parking lot somewhere (can’t remember), and he invited the news crew he’d been talking to along, so they could see just how weird these people were. It mostly involved half an hour of the weirdo yelling “code words” through his cracked open car window at the cop, ending when his car ran out of gas, and was towed, with him still inside yelling magic words at the tow truck driver as well. And the eventual court date (which the reporter showed up for just to complete the article) also included the yelling of magic code words, and a hell of a lot of (((brackets))) because [[[brackets]]] are also magic when you use enough of them {{{at once}}}.

12 Likes

I hope one of them was “Tubal Cain”.

The Miracle of the Cucumbers and the Fishes?

4 Likes