Watch Fox punish Trump for GOP's "absolute disaster" with just two words: "Ron DeSantis"

No thanks, I would hold out for a better apocalypse than that.

And I will echo that while he is cruel and that’s definitely what Republicans want, DeSantis is kind of boring. Trump was a spectacle – every day for years it was never “ugh, but that’s Trump for you” and always “what the hell, what new devilry is this”. I’m not sure you can switch the cult from one to the other so easily.

Especially when Trump is going to try what he always does, refuse to back down and try to steal the cameras and funding for himself. Maybe for once that can be a positive.

21 Likes
17 Likes

More like Pence Light.

Tastes like Satan in a cheap suit yet less filling than roasted children.

14 Likes

I’d like to go back in time and have his parents unfuck on the occasion of his procreation.

6 Likes

malkovic, malkovichh, malkovic, malkovichh, malkovic, malkovichh, malkovic, malkovichh, malkovic, malkovichh, malkovic, malkovichh, malkovic, malkovichh, malkovic, malkovichh, malkovic, malkovichh, malkovic, malkovichh, malkovic, malkovichh, malkovic, malkovichh, malkovic, malkovichh, malkovic, malkovichh, malkovic, malkovichh, malkovic, malkovichh, malkovic, malkovichh, malkovic, malkovichh, malkovic, malkovichh, malkovic, malkovichh, malkovic, malkovichh…

5 Likes

One of my favorite insults is:

“Your life is just a series of bad decisions all the way back to your Dad not wearing a condom that night.”

17 Likes

I recall words to that effect after November 2008 2012.

(ETA)

Also my recollection of what happened after 2008 2012.

(ETA, again: corrected; thx @Otherbrother)

15 Likes

What I’m hoping for now is that Turnip goes all vindictive and starts actively sabotaging the GOP for “betraying” him. Would be fun to watch (and probably good for the country).

19 Likes

Trumplethinskin is having buckets of ketchup shipped to Mar-A-Largo so he can throw it at EVERY WALL in the place. I REALLLLLLY want DeSatan and Trump to go at it over which one of them can be more sickeningly cruel and therefore be the face of the “Republican” Party.

3 Likes

While I, too, long to see a cage match between two flabby fascists, I fear their battle over who is the cruelest will include practical examples, and I would feel very sorry for the victims. (Unless it was Rick Scott. Or EmptyG. Or Hawley. Or any of those fascist boot lockers, really.)

9 Likes

“… are YOU my daddy?” :pleading_face:

5 Likes

No thanks. I’m trying to quit fascists.

8 Likes

When DeSantis runs in 2024, Trump is going to get his die-hard supporters to stay home, handing the election to the Democrats out of spite.

7 Likes

What Do You Say Cmt GIF by The Dude Perfect Show

Who knows? Lots can happen in that much time.

14 Likes

This is what Murdoch et al are trying to prevent – they’re working hard to make DeSantis the undisputed front-runner, in the hopes of getting ahead of a Trump-DeSantis feud, hoping everyone will just get in line.

Fortunately Trump is a raging narcissist, and so is never going to sit back for the good of the party, so I’m hoping to see some good ol’ self-destructive infighting over the next two years.

15 Likes

And it’s not just Trump. A lot of other far-right nutters are in office, and they’ll be pushing for fascist shite too. All while much of the party is seeing that Qanon Trumpism was a bridge too far that the party in general needs to pull back from.

I’m glad i have a lot of fresh popcorn on hand!

13 Likes

I think you’re giving the DeSantis wing too much credit to suggest that theyaren’t fascist shite, or Qanoners. I think they may just be more respectable messages.

2 Likes

I dont think the party only consists of a Trump and a DeSantis wing. As for the latter, whatever it is, it’s still coalescing after last night’s widespread (though not of course total) renunciation/failure of Trumpism.

7 Likes

They did that famous “RNC Autopsy” after their 2012 loss then proceeded to do the exact opposite of the report’s recommendations.

9 Likes

There are different types of fascism. Trump is more cult of personality and DeSantis seems more iron fist.

7 Likes