Watch: Marjorie Taylor Greene says "yes," Zelensky is a "thug"

Can we just skip to the part where she accidentally blows herself up trying to send a letter bomb to Nancy Pelosi?

18 Likes

It cheers me to see optimism is not dead yet.

14 Likes

I agree she probably thinks that, but the headline says she explicitly said it. She didn’t. I know, I know, BB isn’t a journalist site, but I don’t think a false, click baity headline helps. YMMV.

They just did the same thing to Ketanji Brown Jackson by stating she called Rumsfeld and Bush war criminals in one of her briefs. What she actually said was torture constitutes war crimes. Sure, one might presume she agrees this means Rumsfeld or Bush are war criminals - but she still didn’t actually say that.

And if we are going to fact check and call out disingenuous BS like above, I can’t support it when others do it, even if the subject is a fascist POS.

I really think we need to show these people for what they are, over and over again, because they are seeking to tear down any progress we’ve made. The threat here is not mis-stating MTG, it’s fascists getting into power. People WILL die if we pull our punches. Let’s not pretend like they EVER give a shit about accuracy in the words they put in the mouths of the rest of us. Given that she’s AGREEING with someone who called Zelenskyy a thug, even if that’s not explicit what is asked, is more than enough…

13 Likes

Reliable Deniable

17 Likes

I mean, if anyone can be accused of being a thug…

16 Likes

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

The Amber Ruffin Show has had lots of fun with the mailslot incident…

15 Likes

And then trying to eliminate POC, and then Muslims, and then

It never stops, so we cannot simply allow genocide to happen to anyone.

21 Likes

I love this gif. It’s like she’s trying to take a nap and keeps getting awoken by stupid.

6 Likes

As well, @Mindysan33 This Dear Lady reminds me of my 3 - 8 grade school teacher, Mrs. Stevens had that look all day long and it was my mission in life to not give it to me or me be the cause of it.

10 Likes

I think that he prefers…

… but fuck him.

9 Likes

“The laptop! It’s all in the damn laptop if you just do your research!”

And if that doesn’t work then how about “Freedom!” or some other patriotic chanting?

3 Likes

I think it’s less antisemitism than just blind adherence to the Trump’s annoyance at Ukraine (wouldnt go along with Trump’s scheme to tarnish Biden; was prime factor in Trump’s Impeachment) and fealty to their Russian minders (who literally own their minds).

Ukraine has been identified as an out-group to Republicans, and tribalism demands it be shunned; the “reason” for it will always be a tautological word salad because there is no reason that they know of: “Ukraine is bad because it’s bad.” (cf: BLM, Antifa, CRT…)

It’s more complicated than “Zelenksyy is Jewish; I am antisemitic; I hate Zelenskyy.”

Bullshit. this is the same woman who made comments about Jewish space lasers. Loyalty to Trump is not the ONLY thing driving these people. It’s what they believe he (and Putin) represents - a white ethno-state.

Stop giving these people the benefit of the doubt.

10 Likes

And do you suppose it’s just coincidence that said shunning has seized up on something else they already hate?

3 Likes

“Globalist” (one of the labels several Trumpists including Candace Owens and Senator Wendy Rogers have applied to Zelensky) is right-wing codespeak for “Jew.” So antisemitism is definitely a big factor.

11 Likes

Zelenskyy is plainly corrupt. He took the aid that the beloved leader offered and yet he refused to manufacture evidence that Hunter was a baddie.

1 Like

I’ll bet he had the audacity to say that Black Lives Matter.

1 Like

The thing that puzzles me a bit about the “Zelensky is a corrupt thug!” line of argument is that it is generally advanced by people who don’t have any objection to corrupt thugs in general, and are often more or less shameless about fawning over the thuggery and corruption of one Mr. Putin.

Even if the charges were credible, which doesn’t seem to be the case, my question would be “why don’t you like this corrupt thug? He’s even picked up impeccable Ukraine-first nationalist bona fides lately. What more do you want?”

2 Likes

Apropos of the white (christian, even if it’s that slightly weird eastern orthodox stuff) ethnostate angle; are you at all surprised that the Putin cheerleaders seem so untroubled by reports that the Russians have been scrounging for mercenaries in Syria and Chechnya? A sensible enough move if you want hardened urban combatants whose body bags Russian mothers won’t get on you about; but struck me as oddly reminiscent of Francisco ‘I’m such a value-voter candidate that I’m pretty much identified with clerical fascism’ Franco’s significant use of Moroccan colonial troops against the Republicans in the Spanish Civil War.

1 Like